Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero gravity/space combat on a battlemap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero gravity/space combat on a battlemap.

So I may be running a short sci-fi game in the near future but I'm running up against a minor hurdle in the challenge of representing space combat. It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, plenty of sci-fi minis games and even sci-fi properties themselves operate on a more or less two dimensional plane, but what crazy suggestions would people have for at least trying to put weightless three dimensional combat on a table?

The simplest thing that comes to mind for 3D movement is giving each miniature a little note, preferably an easily erasable one, on which is written how many [movement units used for space combat] that Mini is away from an arbitrary baseline. So all Minis are just sitting on the map, but you know that in-universe, the one marked "-15" is way down from the one marked "+10".

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

The usual method is to stack poker chips under the minis.

Comment

Ahh, damn. I was going to recommend Combat Tiers, but apparently they've been discontinued.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Working...
        X