Supernatural Video Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChewyGranola View Post
    Murdered: Soul Suspect. Not a ton of action, but you play as a cop who was killed that night. You spend the rest of the night running around with a medium trying to solve your own murder. On the way you meet a few ghosts and help them out, see a ton more just milling about, deal with the memories of old buildings/things that occasionally get in the way of your progress in the living lands. Also, there are creepy soul-sucking dementor style ghosts that you have to deal with stealthily. Not a long playthrough, but a really solid game. You can also possess people/animals/objects. Worth the low cost!
    Murdered deaerves a lot more love than it got. I'd honestly pay purchase price just for the novelty of walking through walls at will, but the plot is actually pretty solid.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShadowMan View Post
      can’t help thinking some Assassin’s Creed game features might work well in a Vampire game.
      Assassin's Creed honestly is the closest game I've ever played to Chronicles of Darkness, and I agree with wyrdhamster that it's pretty much Mage: The Awakening. Not so much in the parkour and assassinations, so much as the war between the Assassins and the Templars mirrors the Pentacle (though honestly more specifically the Free Council) vs. the Seers, and the emphasis on "The Ones Who Came Before" and the Artifacts left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

Assassin's Creed honestly is the closest game I've ever played to Chronicles of Darkness, and I agree with wyrdhamster that it's pretty much Mage: The Awakening. Not so much in the parkour and assassinations, so much as the war between the Assassins and the Templars mirrors the Pentacle (though honestly more specifically the Free Council) vs. the Seers, and the emphasis on "The Ones Who Came Before" and the Artifacts left behind.
        If only it was good.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

If only it was good.
          It used to be good, Atamajakki. It used to be good.

:'( :'( :'(

Comment

Well, parkour and assasinations part could point over Guardians of Veil roots of the group - we have whole topic on Mage forum for recreating Assasin's Creed frenshise in Mage setting.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
            MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
            WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

It used to be good, Atamajakki. It used to be good.

:'( :'( :'(
              Unpopular opinion: AC1 is the best game in the franchise.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Unpopular opinion: AC1 is the best game in the franchise.
                I thought Rogue was the best one, followed by 3, so I'm not in a position to argue with you.

Comment

My favorite Assassin's Creed is 3, then Brotherhood, then Liberation. I liked 1 when it came out but I find it hard to play nowadays. It felt more like a tech demo than a polished game experience.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                  Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                  He/him pronouns, please

Comment

I thought Rogue was the best one, followed by 3, so I'm not in a position to argue with you.
                    Rogue was a lot of fun (and that soundtrack!!), but I wish it had put more into showing the Templars as possibly having a point instead of just making the Assassins out to be idiots.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

Rogue was a lot of fun (and that soundtrack!!), but I wish it had put more into showing the Templars as possibly having a point instead of just making the Assassins out to be idiots.
                      Yeah it did have a weird bit of dissonance with the Assassins - "I got the artifact and it killed millions of people" "sacrifices must be made for the greater good. DO YOU WANT THE TEMPLARS TO WIN??" - that didn't seem to fit with their behavior in other games. But I thought it did do a good job of showing the Templars in a good light, focusing on how they use their wealth and power to create stable, lasting institutions. It leads into Haytham's yelling at Connor in 3 with "when was the last time the Assassins did anything but kill Templars?" But even without the story, I felt Rogue was the most fun to play. (and yes, that soundtrack.)

Comment

Batman Arkham Knight! created a whole thread just for it once. and how good of inspiration it is for wraith

Spoilers Below ALERT!!! ALERT!!! ALERT!!!
                        Throughout most of the Main body of the game Joker keeps appearing as a hallucination of Batmans. taunting him goading him...

At the end Batman puts the Joker through a harrowing, pretty rich in symbolism.

the add on that lets you play harley quin, the left over voice of the good doctor harleen quinzel seems excellent inspiration for a spectres psyche.
                        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 03-22-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know any good Supernatural Video Games?
                          The Sims series, including:
                          • The Sims Makin' Magic
                          • The Sims 3: Late Night
                          • The Sims 3: Supernatural
                          • The Sims 4: Vampires
                          That is to say where you actually control a supernatural, not just a human fighting them.
                          ☑ check
                          By supernatural I mean Vampire, Werewolf, Demon, Magic-caster, stuff like that.
                          all except for Demon:
                          ☑ check
                          Supernatural game that even gets close in quality to Bloodlines
                          from technical side of view, The Sims doesn't need to be patched-to-death to be playable, like Bloodlines do, so I consider it as:
                          ☑ check

Personally I really love The Sims for it's supernatural addons, latest "Vampires" is pretty detailed and nicely done.

[avatar artwork and character are by awesome goattrain]

Comment

If only it was good.

Black Flag was great. But then, it wasn't really an Assassin's Creed game. It was a pirate game that just happens to take place in the Assassin Creed's universe.

Comment

Working...
                            X