Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright Question

Hi everyone, i hope someone can answer this for me:

i want to have the old clan Tzimisce Logo (http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png) on a coffee mug. actually a 1 litre mug. I cant find such merchandise anywhere and cant buy it. Now there are many shops that offer to print a picture of whatever you like on a mug and produce mugs in the size needed.

My problem is, that i am very well aware that the artwork is copyrighted and i dont want to violate any laws i just wanted to purchase one mug for personal use only and no one except my roleplaying buddies (5ppl) are going to see it.
    Now is there any chance i can make that happen? Its not really a fair use issue, and while i only want one mug and the company making it wouldonly produce 1 mug i am aware that this actually is commercial use even though to a laughable ammount of 20 bucks.

So my question is - does anyone know a shop that actually sells such merchandise cause i dont find any and if not is there any chance i can have such a coffee mug or will i have to die without my wish fullfilled? heck if i can purchase the right to use that pic for that one mug for a reasonable price id pay it.

Guess that means you guys also have no idea ^^ i dont want to bother the management with a request for a single cup, any idea where i might as my question?

Comment

Kinda sorta, but it's not a particularly good or useful answer.

technically, yes it would be a copyright violation, particularly since it's a third party generating the item for profit. However as you pointed out it's a very minor one for personal use, and generally it becomes a question if it's worth engaging in legal actions over something that is so small/minor.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

Yeah i thought about that. I want to support the WoD franchise and i...well i want that mug ^^ if there is a chance that such a product is avalaiable anywhere for purchase id buy that, and if i can buy the right for 1 mug for say 10 dollars or such id actually pay that too.

Comment

I think the old White Wolf made mugs at one point, but they've been out of production for a long time, so anything you find will be secondary market and not go to the new White Wolf or Onyx Path.

Onyx does have a Redbubble, but I'm not sure if they have Clan symbol mugs.

EDIT: Good news! They do.
          Last edited by Charlaquin; 02-05-2017, 02:30 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

WoW that is a very impressive site thanks =)
            But i cant find the "old" Old Clan Tzimisce symbol: http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png

I just find the "new" one and i dont like that artstyle. I also dont know why they replaced the original i liked that better. am i just too dumb to find it or aint it avalaiable?

Comment

Originally posted by Orkar View Post
              WoW that is a very impressive site thanks =)
              But i cant find the "old" Old Clan Tzimisce symbol: http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png

I just find the "new" one and i dont like that artstyle. I also dont know why they replaced the original i liked that better. am i just too dumb to find it or aint it avalaiable?
              I think they only have the main 13 Clans. Old Clan Tzimisce is a Bloodline.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Well i did find the "new" old Clan Tzimsice symbol https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/...uerade-symbols just cant find the old one. And they really have a lot of bloodline symbols too including Nagaraja and similiar exotic ones.

Comment

Ah, I see. In that case I don't know. I'm more of a Requiem player.

Comment

Problem solved - the artist of the old version was found on deviantart, i asked him for permission and got it =) the old symbol was the unofficial fanart made by him and was never owned by white wolf / onyx path / paradox

Comment

Problem solved - the artist of the old version was found on deviantart, i asked him for permission and got it =) the old symbol was the unofficial fanart made by him and was never owned by white wolf / onyx path / paradox
                      Sorry I didn't get in this sooner. Ian Watson made that one, right?

Pretty sure he's the one who let me use it for some of my character sheets a bit back.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Sorry I didn't get in this sooner. Ian Watson made that one, right?

Pretty sure he's the one who let me use it for some of my character sheets a bit back.
                        Yes this is correct =) or ethelrad on Deviantart

Comment

Yes this is correct =) or ethelrad on Deviantart
                          Awesome! Yea, he's a nice guy! Glad to hear he let you use it.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

I have a similar question to the original poster; A few years back, a friend of mine gave me a special D10, with the Apocalypse Auspice symbols on the faces, for character generation. Sadly, I lost it. Does anyone know where I could get another one? I've looked pretty much everywhere. Or, does anyone know who to talk to about getting custom dice made?

Comment

Working...
                            X