Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright Question

Hi everyone, i hope someone can answer this for me:

i want to have the old clan Tzimisce Logo (http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png) on a coffee mug. actually a 1 litre mug. I cant find such merchandise anywhere and cant buy it. Now there are many shops that offer to print a picture of whatever you like on a mug and produce mugs in the size needed.

My problem is, that i am very well aware that the artwork is copyrighted and i dont want to violate any laws i just wanted to purchase one mug for personal use only and no one except my roleplaying buddies (5ppl) are going to see it.
    Now is there any chance i can make that happen? Its not really a fair use issue, and while i only want one mug and the company making it wouldonly produce 1 mug i am aware that this actually is commercial use even though to a laughable ammount of 20 bucks.

So my question is - does anyone know a shop that actually sells such merchandise cause i dont find any and if not is there any chance i can have such a coffee mug or will i have to die without my wish fullfilled? heck if i can purchase the right to use that pic for that one mug for a reasonable price id pay it.

Guess that means you guys also have no idea ^^ i dont want to bother the management with a request for a single cup, any idea where i might as my question?

Comment

Kinda sorta, but it's not a particularly good or useful answer.

technically, yes it would be a copyright violation, particularly since it's a third party generating the item for profit. However as you pointed out it's a very minor one for personal use, and generally it becomes a question if it's worth engaging in legal actions over something that is so small/minor.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

Yeah i thought about that. I want to support the WoD franchise and i...well i want that mug ^^ if there is a chance that such a product is avalaiable anywhere for purchase id buy that, and if i can buy the right for 1 mug for say 10 dollars or such id actually pay that too.

Comment

I think the old White Wolf made mugs at one point, but they've been out of production for a long time, so anything you find will be secondary market and not go to the new White Wolf or Onyx Path.

Onyx does have a Redbubble, but I'm not sure if they have Clan symbol mugs.

EDIT: Good news! They do.
          Last edited by Charlaquin; 02-05-2017, 03:30 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

WoW that is a very impressive site thanks =)
            But i cant find the "old" Old Clan Tzimisce symbol: http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png

I just find the "new" one and i dont like that artstyle. I also dont know why they replaced the original i liked that better. am i just too dumb to find it or aint it avalaiable?

Comment

Originally posted by Orkar View Post
              WoW that is a very impressive site thanks =)
              But i cant find the "old" Old Clan Tzimisce symbol: http://orig14.deviantart.net/1a4c/f/...ad-d4k53jv.png

I just find the "new" one and i dont like that artstyle. I also dont know why they replaced the original i liked that better. am i just too dumb to find it or aint it avalaiable?
              I think they only have the main 13 Clans. Old Clan Tzimisce is a Bloodline.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Well i did find the "new" old Clan Tzimsice symbol https://www.redbubble.com/de/people/...uerade-symbols just cant find the old one. And they really have a lot of bloodline symbols too including Nagaraja and similiar exotic ones.

Comment

Ah, I see. In that case I don't know. I'm more of a Requiem player.

Comment

Problem solved - the artist of the old version was found on deviantart, i asked him for permission and got it =) the old symbol was the unofficial fanart made by him and was never owned by white wolf / onyx path / paradox

Comment

Problem solved - the artist of the old version was found on deviantart, i asked him for permission and got it =) the old symbol was the unofficial fanart made by him and was never owned by white wolf / onyx path / paradox
                      Sorry I didn't get in this sooner. Ian Watson made that one, right?

Pretty sure he's the one who let me use it for some of my character sheets a bit back.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Sorry I didn't get in this sooner. Ian Watson made that one, right?

Pretty sure he's the one who let me use it for some of my character sheets a bit back.
                        Yes this is correct =) or ethelrad on Deviantart

Comment

Yes this is correct =) or ethelrad on Deviantart
                          Awesome! Yea, he's a nice guy! Glad to hear he let you use it.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

I have a similar question to the original poster; A few years back, a friend of mine gave me a special D10, with the Apocalypse Auspice symbols on the faces, for character generation. Sadly, I lost it. Does anyone know where I could get another one? I've looked pretty much everywhere. Or, does anyone know who to talk to about getting custom dice made?

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

Working...
                            X