This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    I don't know this Zak Smith guy, like I've said I was not involved in gamergate, although I've seen accusations thrown at each other from both sides, so it's hard to tell fact from fiction at this point and I think it's likely that zealots from both sides crossed the line at times, as well as some trolls who tried to play both sides to increase the conflict.

I certainly don't like the idea of David Hill being harassed as he is my favourite developer here and extremely talent and seems like a super nice guy.

That being said, if white wolf says it's not the same guy that's good enough for me. I just don't see Mike Mearl's being apart of a circle that harasses transpeople, sorry no fucking way would Mike Mearls be a party to that.

Maybe it's some kind of identity thief?

As for critizing Feminist Frequency, that puts him in the same company as... Many feminist bloggers, who has critized Anita Sarkesian. I don't both with Anita myself, she's simply not worth my time.

So perhaps we can all calm down, I don't see white wolf hiring this guy if he's bashing Transfolks, no one at white wolf strikes me as transphobic.

And honestly I don't support boycotts for words, anyways, not even when I'm the one being bashed (I got insulted directly by a writer for AVFM once, in an article for AVFM for pointing out that female Bernie Sanders supporters had better reasons for supporting him then seeing him as a Sugar Daddy, I got called a Pathetic White Knight! I still enjoy reading, AVFM.

Maybe David Hill and Zak Smith should have a beer (or none acholol beverage) and talk things out man to man to clear the air and move on, make it clear he was not behind any harassment against David.
    Thing is... Zak S has straight up threatened David's kids before, amoung other horrid things. David is well past the point where him forgiving Zak is possible.

Seriously, if David is your favorite writer, then maybe ask him about what is going on.

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post

Thing is... Zak S has straight up threatened David's kids before, amoung other horrid things. David is well past the point where him forgiving Zak is possible.

Seriously, if David is your favorite writer, then maybe ask him about what is going on.
      Has there been a police investigation, that is a very serious allegation, if true then yes hiring Zak is absolutely wrong, threatening people with violence is not free speech and absolutely wrong, and going after someone via their family, is the act of a coward.

That being said I'm skeptical that White Wolf would hire someone guilty of making death threats against someone who works for someone they have a partnership with.

I would like more detailing on what White Wolf discovered in their investigation, although if death threats are involved, it should have been a police investigation, not one by white wolf.

I really like David Hill, he's been really good to the CoD players, but refuse to join a PC witch hunt either, I need hard evidence, something more solid then a humour blog that sucked once dropped a word that Zak Smith likes to use.

If you have solid evidence of Zak Smith harassing David Hill or issuing death threats to anybody, I suggest sending the links to white wolf for further investigation, or better yet the police. Death Threats are a serious crime and although they rarely get followed through on, it's unacceptable conduct.

As for contacting David, perhaps I will, although if he feels comfortable responding or not is another issue altogether, that's up to him.

Comment

I would never have gotten into WoD or CofD had it not been for David Hill. I met him through Real Life a decade ago and from there to the wide world of darkness. Seeing his name on OPP products usually means I'm getting something good and progressive out of the product and id hate for the Chronicles to lose him because of some edgelord who sends death threats to toddlers.

It's that connection that makes me not want to buy anymore Onyx Path products out of a distaste for supporting this monster, but I also don't want to drop the work of folks like Rose Bailey or Wood Ingham (my favorite developer.)

Wish they would just Not Hire bad people.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
          I would never have gotten into WoD or CofD had it not been for David Hill. I met him through Real Life a decade ago and from there to the wide world of darkness. Seeing his name on OPP products usually means I'm getting something good and progressive out of the product and id hate for the Chronicles to lose him because of some edgelord who sends death threats to toddlers.

It's that connection that makes me not want to buy anymore Onyx Path products out of a distaste for supporting this monster, but I also don't want to drop the work of folks like Rose Bailey or Wood Ingham (my favorite developer.)

For the record, OPP didn't hire him, White Wolf did. Totally different companies.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

I just don't see White Wolf hiring Zak Smith if he was behind the death threats or Mike Mearl's being his friend if he conducted himself like that.

Perhaps Zak Smith had evidence that cleared his name and showed it was someone else?

Comment

I just don't see White Wolf hiring Zak Smith if he was behind the death threats or Mike Mearl's being his friend if he conducted himself like that.

Perhaps Zak Smith had evidence that cleared his name and showed it was someone else?
              It isn't that simple when it comes to online harassing, and when you have fans that do it for you.

Comment

Guilt by association is not something I support.

Comment

You're right. The general is never guilty, only his soldiers.

Comment

Has there been a police investigation, that is a very serious allegation, if true then yes hiring Zak is absolutely wrong, threatening people with violence is not free speech and absolutely wrong, and going after someone via their family, is the act of a coward.

That being said I'm skeptical that White Wolf would hire someone guilty of making death threats against someone who works for someone they have a partnership with.

I would like more detailing on what White Wolf discovered in their investigation, although if death threats are involved, it should have been a police investigation, not one by white wolf.

I really like David Hill, he's been really good to the CoD players, but refuse to join a PC witch hunt either, I need hard evidence, something more solid then a humour blog that sucked once dropped a word that Zak Smith likes to use.

If you have solid evidence of Zak Smith harassing David Hill or issuing death threats to anybody, I suggest sending the links to white wolf for further investigation, or better yet the police. Death Threats are a serious crime and although they rarely get followed through on, it's unacceptable conduct.

As for contacting David, perhaps I will, although if he feels comfortable responding or not is another issue altogether, that's up to him.
                    American police is infamously bad at handling online abuse, a police wouldn't happen even if it is true. But here is the master evidence list https://t.co/qsTAxC77Vn

Comment

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07...e-nice-things/

This guy isn't a fan of Zak's, but he seems to be capable of being impartial so I thought it deserved to be hear.

Honestly I don't know what the fuck is going on, I don't know who to believe, it's sounds like Zak Smith might be a dick at times, but that some of the claims against maybe false.

I hope White Wolf gets Zak to clear this stuff up.

Comment

It's not guilt by association if you've actively directed your associates to take a course of action. Is it mere guilt by association to hold someone accountable for instructing people to go and rob someone, or to burn down such and such a building?

Comment

At some point you have to ask, how does it get THIS bad if it's fake? How do this many reputable and passionate people in an industry loathe one person if it's all false? Is it really some grand conspiracy against Zak? He can cause this much disrepair just by being hired, and at some point, when he is the common connector to all the chaos surrounding him, then it isn't the situations that are the problem - it's him. What makes it all worse is how OPP and its products are actually very inclusive and progressive, making this even harder to swallow coming from a hate-spewing bully like him.
                          Things are never cut-and-dry. He isn't stupid, and he knows how to harass indirectly.

If anyone is implying that these things didn't happen, and so, also implying that they think David Hill is lying about being harassed by a guy with a record like Zak's, I hope you really stop and think about that for a second. And I hope you also stop and think about what it would look like to see people in your own community insinuating that you made something like this up, and what it would be like to work for a company that hires someone who has personally and viciously harassed you.

Comment

Because when I hear someone is an abuser and a stalker, my first response is "surely all of these victims are wrong, it must be identity theft!"

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Looking at all the messed things and bad decisions that Paradox White Wolf has made, I am now convinced that this is some sort of "Springtime for Hitler" deal where they need white wolf to fail for some weird Swedish financial reason because I don't know how paradox could mess up this badly unless it was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by E11even-E11even View Post
                                You're right. The general is never guilty, only his soldiers.
                                General make direct orders to attack, do you have evidence of this behavior?

Look I read through all the links and found no evidence of transphobia, I did find some antagonism towards David Hill over Star Wars, for the record I agree with David Hill on how dull and one dimensional it is, although I think some of the background elements like the force, lightsabres, Yoda, and Princess Leia's bikini are iconic for good reason, wasted potential, and I think David Hill over reaches on connecting Star Wars to real wars, I think the Industrial Military Complex and big money had far more then George Lucas to do with that.

But I certainly don't agree with Zak Smith on his insult to David Hill's intelligence, I have found David Hill to be highly intelligent.

I think Zak should apologize and they should talk out their issues in a mature way.

I hope for a peaceful, respectful resolution to these issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X