The Last Jedi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Jedi

So, since the reveal of the full title for the next Star Wars movie, I have seen some discussion over who is that last Jedi. Does it refer to Luke? Is he gonna die, leaving Rey as the last Jedi?

Well, just today I found out what is gonna be the title here in Brazil, and it is Star Wars: Os últimos Jedi

"Os últimos" translates as "the last", no surprise there. But those "s" at the end of the words means it is plural "the last". It just so happens that the plural of Jedi is also Jedi.

Now, this only means anything if the people who translate the title actually know anything about what is gonna happens in the movie, which is far from certain. Maybe they just chose to assume both Rey and Luke count as the last two Jedi.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Well there is some speculation about who the title refers to. Also many people believe that Disney will slowly move the Jedi towards a more grayish code.

On a side note the Ray looks pretty awesome on the new toyline's release

Edit: Changed the video link
    Last edited by blackheartz; 02-18-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackheartz View Post
      Well there is some speculation about who the title refers to. Also many people believe that Disney will slowly move the Jedi towards a more grayish code.
      Well, Luke already kept a rather grayer code than the Jedi of the preceding generation, so it's not much of a stretch to assume that pattern would continue.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

According to certain sources, the title in Spanish implies that "The Last Jedi" refers to more than one Jedi. "Los Ultimos Jedi" implies plural, "El Ultima Jedi' would be singular. Make of this what you will...

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
          According to certain sources, the title in Spanish implies that "The Last Jedi" refers to more than one Jedi. "Los Ultimos Jedi" implies plural, "El Ultima Jedi' would be singular. Make of this what you will...
          El últimO Jedi (masculine)
          LA últimA Jedi (feminine)

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post

El últimO Jedi (masculine)
            LA últimA Jedi (feminine)
            I just posted what the ad said.

Comment

The ad couldn't say El Ultima Jedi, that's not Spanish.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                The ad couldn't say El Ultima Jedi, that's not Spanish.
                ​It didn't. It said "Los Ultimos Jedi". I'm not fluent in Spanish, I am merely reporting what I was told. For all I know, that ad was a fake, or maybe it wasn't even Spanish. Maybe it was Portuguese! Either way, correcting me is really off topic.

​Let's consider the possibility that while this may be the end of the Jedi, perhaps it's also the start of a new order of Force wielders...

Comment

Sorry, double post.

Comment

Im a disgruntled fan ofthe "starwars legends" so boycotting new SW stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                      Im a disgruntled fan ofthe "starwars legends" so boycotting new SW stuff.

I love legends myself and I am still trying to complete my legends novels collection, but I like the new stuff too.

Also the title came out in Greek and it is "Οι τελευταίοι Τζεντάι", it is plural so there is more than one.

Comment

I've been taking it as a sign that Jaina and Jacen are now canonized under new names.

Hayley Margules, historian and Onyx Path writer
                        Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

"Jedi" is both singluar and plural (a Jedi, the jedi) so "The Last Jedi" could very well refer to multiple Jedi rather than a single one (Luke or Rei).

Comment

Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
                            "Jedi" is both singluar and plural (a Jedi, the jedi) so "The Last Jedi" could very well refer to multiple Jedi rather than a single one (Luke or Rei).
                            Yes. We have already established this higher up on the thread. In fact, the foreign language titles for the film make it clear that it's intended to be plural.

Hayley Margules, historian and Onyx Path writer
                            Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Working...
                            X