What's your weird food related habit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your weird food related habit?

I'll start. I literally eat the salt off pretzels. Also, I chew ice. Into tiny pieces. And when I get a snow cone, it's just because I want the ice, so I don't get any flavoring.

Hayley Margules, historian and Onyx Path writer
    Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

I thankfully grew out of this, but as a child I lived for A1 steak sauce, to the point where I would use it instead of gravy on mashed potatos and would have steak sauce and bacon sandwiches to bring the school.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Sometimes when I want something to munch on, I'll get some crushed ice and pour a tiny bit of salt on it.

Comment

When I was a kid, I liked getting whole wheat bread, taking the inside off of the crust, rolling it into a ball to eat it. And I'd put ketchup on that ball.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
          Sometimes when I want something to munch on, I'll get some crushed ice and pour a tiny bit of salt on it.
          We're clearly meant to be friends.

Hayley Margules, historian and Onyx Path writer
          Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

I always eat the edges of flat bread dishes (like sandwiches and pizzas) first, and I sometimes go in a spiral in towards the middle after that.
            Last edited by Weimann; 02-25-2017, 06:22 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

I do the ice chewing thing too. Crushed ice is best, but I'll do it with any ice I have.

When I was younger I used to always eat meals one food at a time. Now I do pretty much the opposite and mix everything together.

As a kid, my mom would always have the fridge stocked with pitted, pemento-stuffed green olives. The olives were too sour for me, but I loved the pimentos, so I would take olives right out of the jar, suck the pimentos out, and throw away the actual olives.

When I eat chicken wings I pick the bones clean. Even eat the gristle.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Also me.

And shrimp tails...

Sam Young | Vampires ruin everything freelancer

VtR: 13 Licks: The Curses of Caine in Blood and Smoke13 Licks: Tricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: Mysterious Place: The Cabin
                Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

I rarely reheat left overs, just eat it cold.

Comment

Do you even crack open the bones and suck out the marrow? I have a friend who always do that. I've never enjoyed marrow enough to do it very often, myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                      Do you even crack open the bones and suck out the marrow? I have a friend who always do that. I've never enjoyed marrow enough to do it very often, myself though.
                      I've tried it, but I don't really like the texture of the marrow.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

When I was a kid... I'd only eat foods in the orange-yellow-brown spectrum, to the point my mother conceded to buying the quick mac n cheese stuff so she could use the artificial orange food coloring dye to add it to her from-scratch mac n cheese; since it was too white.

Comment

I do the ice chewing thing too. Crushed ice is best, but I'll do it with any ice I have.

When I was younger I used to always eat meals one food at a time. Now I do pretty much the opposite and mix everything together.

As a kid, my mom would always have the fridge stocked with pitted, pemento-stuffed green olives. The olives were too sour for me, but I loved the pimentos, so I would take olives right out of the jar, suck the pimentos out, and throw away the actual olives.

You're talking to the gal who used to suck up and spit out the pimento because she hated it, then would go to town on the now-empty olives and maybe have a sip or two of brine.

Now I just get them stuffed with garlic instead, and have mostly done away with brine-drinking.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I like to burn cheese until it's gets really dark to eat it

Comment

weird food habits? well...

I sometimes eat pure sugar. I mean, I sometimes just take a spoon of sugar and eat it. If I'm at a cafe, I may take a small bag of sugar, crush it for ten minutes or so and then eat it. I also need to "engineer my burger", as my friends like to say- it means I waste around 20 minutes (sometimes more) to put the layers chips, sauces and any other kind of extras on my burger at certain order and at certain shape. I also can't eat any kind of meat unless it is Well Done. I just can't make myself swallow it (it means I can't eat sushi or smoked meat). Talking about order in food, I have to eat my dishes at certain order- for example, I'll never eat my burger before finishing all of my chips, or that I'll always eat the fried mushrooms before I'll eat my fish (I eat mushrooms with almost anything- and I add soy sauce to almost everything. That's also count, right?). When I was a child, I had even more, worse habits (for example, now I almost never eat sugar, and when I was a child I couldn't even start eating the chips before finish drinking my coke.)

But other than that- no, no strange food habits at all :P

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

Working...
                              X