No announcement yet.

What's your weird food related habit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can any of you stand to crunch ice? A childhood spent in the orthodontist's chair have left my teeth hideously sensitive; the though of ice crunching is enough to make my eyes tear up.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      How can any of you stand to crunch ice? A childhood spent in the orthodontist's chair have left my teeth hideously sensitive; the though of ice crunching is enough to make my eyes tear up.
      My teeth aren't terribly sensitive to cold, and the feel of it crunching is extremely satisfying. Without the pain from the cold, it's a little like crunching a hard candy, but with a little more give so it doesn't strain your jaw, without all the sugar, and when you crush it up into small enough pieces they melt into refreshingly cool water.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I've eaten essentially the same sandwich for lunch every workday for the last five years. A couple slices of each flavor of the club sandwich pack at BJ's, provolone cheese, oatnut bread, mustard and mayo.

Comment

Originally posted by etherial View Post
          I've eaten essentially the same sandwich for lunch every workday for the last five years.
          I completely forgot to mention that I used to eat the same 3 meals every day of the week for a couple years straight. Can't really remember how long because my memory and linear chronology don't really cooperate all that well - but it started with the end of my first serious relationship, and carried through until I moved to Louisiana (where there were too many amazing and new options for food to resist trying out), and was accompanied by wearing the same outfit every day (I owned 5 identical sets of clothing, and nothing else).

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

I genuinely enjoy Spam. Eat it fairly frequently and have for a long time. I can prepare it in a variety of different ways. My favorite of late has been Spam curry.

Comment

I put honey in almost anything I cook and the milk of my pancakes is diluted with rum. I also like to add cinnamon in my salted dishes and various spices including coriander and cumin in my desserts. Lets just say that my friends prefer to ask what they are eating after they have cleaned their plates.

Comment

Hmm, lots have already been said but lets see:

1. I love mayo, its my number one go to for frys. Belgian style
                2. I also enjoy crunching ice, and any hard candy or cough drop or breath mint. They do not last long.
                3. I add salt to chocolate milk. It just brings out the flavor so well.
                4. When I eat a sit down meal I eat everything in proportion. Like I eat a third of a burger, and then a third of the fries, and a third of my drink. Then start back with the burger for another third and so on. Fast food though, is the complete opposite, I will almost always eat all of one thing before moving on to the next. All the burger, then all the fires then the drink.

Comment

I use pickle slices as a folk remedy for mouth ulcers and cold sores.

Comment

1. I eat fast. Under most circumstances, I am a slow moving person. Put food or drink in front of me, and most of the time, assuming that I'm not deliberately slowing myself or distractedly picking at it, said food will vanish like someone is going to steal it from me. Sometimes my wife tells me to slow down because she'll unconsciously start to match my pace and she can't eat that fast. She is also reluctant to let me hold onto any food or beverage that she knows I like, because it might not last until she gets it back.

2. I adore a good peanut butter and jelly omelette. My mom got me hooked on them when I was a kid going through my "nothing but pb&j phase" and I've liked them ever since.

3. I, too, need to have pizza when watching anything Ninja Turtle related. It's also the time that I'm most likely to toss pretzels onto a pepperoni pizza, which is the one weird combination I actually liked during my childhood experimentations.

4. Not my own, but my nieces love ranch dressing on everything. EVERYTHING! They were spending the night, and we gave them carrots with ranch dip and a bag of fruit-flavored marshmallows for a snack. They were quite delightedly dipping the marshmallows.

5. I crunch Popsicles, especially those Pop Ice ones they have at Walmart. I can't do it with regular ice, but I have a hard time resisting with those. I also tend to check them frequently when I first put them into the freezer, because I love it when I can catch them at that middle point in the freezing where it is all solid but still soft. At that point I'll keep eating them until my wife tells me to stop.

6. Someone mentioning food tends to give me a taste for it. I'm an advertiser's dream. I can also talk with my dad for hours at a time on the subject of food.

7. I snack when running a game. I can't help it. I may have just finished dinner, but I'll still be nibbling something, no matter how full I am. If I'm truly too full, I'll still need to force myself to stop.

8. I like to play with my food. I nibble the edges of Reese's peanut butter cups, and I like to grind the filling out of the sides of an Oreo. Sometimes I even nibble the chocolate off of the outside of candy bars before devouring the delicious centers.
                    Last edited by White Oak Dragon; 03-10-2017, 01:55 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't count. I think I fixed the numbering this time.

Currently working on: [REDACTED]
                    Projects I've contributed to: [REDACTED]

Comment

Examining both sides of a Dorito chip before eating to make sure I put the side with the most flavoring on my tongue. One has to maximize their flavor coefficient after all.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                      Posts in this color are moderator posts
                      Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                      Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

Comment

Pasta + Ketchup = Om nom.

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: February 26, 2017
                        [3E Homebrew] Necromancy - Last Update: March 28, 2017
                        [3E Homebrew] Playable Exigents - Last Update: February 7, 2017
                        DeviantART - Mostly Exalted Art

Comment

I absolutely get the pretzel thing. I am a HUGE fan of the 'special dark splits' pretzels...oh they are so good and salty. My strange habit...and it is very strange I know is to only eat every in even bites. For example, if I am eating a taco, I have to make sure that the last bite is on an even numbered count or else I toss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                            Examining both sides of a Dorito chip before eating to make sure I put the side with the most flavoring on my tongue. One has to maximize their flavor coefficient after all.
                            Is that strange? Doesn't everyone do this?! This is specially great with the 'Flamas' Doritos

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Just a FYI because my Wife does this and we found some interesting information about it... Chewing Ice, like to the point of damage to one's teeth and tongue, etc. is a sign of low iron. For years I was haunted by the sound of crunching ice everywhere in my home...then she started Iron infusions bi-weekly and viola! no more ice crunching. Believe it or not, however, she does miss it quite a bit.

Comment

Oh, I just figured out another food habit I have that I didn't even realize until just a little while ago when my friend commented on it.

When I go to Taco Bell and get a bean burrito, instead of just eating it, I'll take a bite and proceed to suck/squeeze all the beans out of the burrito, almost like it's a bagged drink, and then eat the tortilla afterwards.

I did that today and when I was done my friend looked at me and said, "I've seen you doing that for years and just finally have to say something about it. Are you some kind of Burrito Vampire? I always had you pegged for a Nosferatu because you're one ugly mother... but seriously that's just weird."

Comment

Working...
                                X