Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dangerous issue brought up at the grand Masquerade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous issue brought up at the grand Masquerade.

when I first got there (a day late) was told by someone else there, when discussing our prestige edition books, that flipping one for a profit might be legally problematic.

Since I and several others bought a book for that purpose I think its worth discussing.

an answer from a mod or admin would be welcomed.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    when discussing our prestige edition books, that flipping one for a profit might be legally problematic.
    The First Sale Doctrine seems pretty solidly on your side here. Did you sign some sort of contract?

Comment

no I just got the item on kickstarter, and been saving my copy of V20 Dark ages for 3 years at this point

Comment

I'm a mod, but I don't really have any special insight into this matter as a mod. I'm just another fan like you. That said, in the US at least, you can legally sell anything you legally own. I can't imagine what about reselling a prestige edition would be legally questionable.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Was this person somehow affiliated with white wolf? Sounds kinda sketchy to me, the only thing I could think of would be if you where trying advertise that you would be sell something at the venue without jumping through the dealer hoops.
          Last edited by BurritoMage; 03-01-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The only potential issue can be selling it at the convention since unless there's a dedicated swap space, the vendor contracts and attendant agreements probably limit sales. There's a number of reasons for this.

Comment

I don't know what the rules are at the actual con, but there's no problem with you selling one of our Kickstarter books on eBay later.

Rose Bailey
              Onyx Path Development Producer
              Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
              X