Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dangerous issue brought up at the grand Masquerade.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous issue brought up at the grand Masquerade.

when I first got there (a day late) was told by someone else there, when discussing our prestige edition books, that flipping one for a profit might be legally problematic.

Since I and several others bought a book for that purpose I think its worth discussing.

an answer from a mod or admin would be welcomed.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    when discussing our prestige edition books, that flipping one for a profit might be legally problematic.
    The First Sale Doctrine seems pretty solidly on your side here. Did you sign some sort of contract?

Comment

no I just got the item on kickstarter, and been saving my copy of V20 Dark ages for 3 years at this point

Comment

I'm a mod, but I don't really have any special insight into this matter as a mod. I'm just another fan like you. That said, in the US at least, you can legally sell anything you legally own. I can't imagine what about reselling a prestige edition would be legally questionable.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Was this person somehow affiliated with white wolf? Sounds kinda sketchy to me, the only thing I could think of would be if you where trying advertise that you would be sell something at the venue without jumping through the dealer hoops.
          Last edited by BurritoMage; 03-01-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The only potential issue can be selling it at the convention since unless there's a dedicated swap space, the vendor contracts and attendant agreements probably limit sales. There's a number of reasons for this.

Comment

I don't know what the rules are at the actual con, but there's no problem with you selling one of our Kickstarter books on eBay later.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

Working...
              X