Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great cameo, and a reminder to not run wild with rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      Going to court is not something that should be taken lightly. And in this case, probably not something worth doing. All the fees and costs associated with court is really expensive for all parties involved. Not just for David: OPP never struck me as the kind of company that could throw around that much money.

Even if the allegations of David getting screwed out of his payment are true, I don't exactly think he would be missing out on payments in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. If anything, more money would be lost pursuing a court case instead of gaining money.

So really, not much that can be realistically done but just walk away.
      I'm so confused. Did I miss something? Since when was going to court ever an option on the table? Did David tweet about suing Onyx Path or something? Why are we discussing legal action in the first place?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

I'm so confused. Did I miss something? Since when was going to court ever an option on the table? Did David tweet about suing Onyx Path or something? Why are we discussing legal action in the first place?
        This is building off the sueing part and talking in theoretical stuff.

Unless if I'm missing something and you don't have to go to court to successfully sue someone.

Either way, I really don't think sueing anyone is going to solve anything.
        Last edited by tasti man LH; 04-14-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

This is building off the sueing part and talking in theoretical stuff.

Unless if I'm missing something and you don't have to go to court to successfully sue someone.

Either way, I really don't think sueing anyone is going to solve anything.
          When did anyone but Spellfire22 say anyone was suing anyone???

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

When did anyone but Spellfire22 say anyone was suing anyone???
            ...ok, now you're confusing me.

Since when did I or Spellfire22 ever say that people are actually getting sued?

Comment

...ok, now you're confusing me.

Since when did I or Spellfire22 ever say that people are actually getting sued?
              If no one is getting sued why are we even discussing whether or not a lawsuit is a good idea? Spellfire22 just said he didn't think David had legal grounds for a lawsuit, which like... ok? Nonsequitur much?

Comment

If no one is getting sued why are we even discussing whether or not a lawsuit is a good idea?
                Is there a problem discussing theoretical scenarios?

Comment

Is there a problem discussing theoretical scenarios?
                  No, but it was a pretty rando theoretical scenario to bring up, especially when framed as "I doubt he has a legal case" as if a legal case was ever suggested.

Comment

No, but it was a pretty rando theoretical scenario to bring up, especially when framed as "I doubt he has a legal case" as if a legal case was ever suggested.
                    You telling me that bad working conditions, in of itself and out of this context, doesn't warrant bringing up the possibility of taking things to court?

Comment

You telling me that bad working conditions, in of itself and out of this context, doesn't warrant bringing up the possibility of taking things to court?
                      Not really, if the aggrieved party hasn't expressed any interest or intent in doing so. Particularly if there isn't a case. It'd be another story if it was brought up as a suggestion, like, "you know there's prob legal action he could take here." But saying "I don't think he has a case" is pretty irrelevant if he doesn't have interest in raising a case to begin with, and saying, "don't rush into going to court lightly" is pretty irrelevant if he wasn't planning to go to court, likely or otherwise. It's cautionary advice against a course of action that was never even under consideration.

Comment

Not really, if the aggrieved party hasn't expressed any interest or intent in doing so. Particularly if there isn't a case. It'd be another story if it was brought up as a suggestion, like, "you know there's prob legal action he could take here." But saying "I don't think he has a case" is pretty irrelevant if he doesn't have interest in raising a case to begin with, and saying, "don't rush into going to court lightly" is pretty irrelevant if he wasn't planning to go to court, likely or otherwise. It's cautionary advice against a course of action that was never even under consideration.
                        I should note that I never believed legal action would be taken either. I not only think it would be highly unrealistic for anyone to do it, I think doing so would have made the situation worse.

Doesn't mean there's absolutely no relation to the current situation at all.

No, what would have been REALLY random is if Spellfire22 popped in here to just talk about how delicious cherry pies were and left it at that.

Comment

‚ÄčI think this conversation has gone past where it needs to go. This thread has served its purpose and I am closing it down now.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                          Posts in this color are moderator posts
                          Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                          Forum Terms of Use
                          the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                          X