What's a fuckboy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a fuckboy?

For real, I see this word everywhere, but I just don't quite get it. As a non-native speaker, it's hard to get all the nuance of relatively new words, so hit me with some context, y'all. I've seen it used in situations that can imply any if the following:

Is a fuckboy 1) a boy who just wants to have sex with a girl, 2) a boy who just wants to have sex with a girl but pretends otherwise, or 3) a generally unpleasant boy?

If a boy has sex with a girl who also just wants to have sex, is the term applicable to the boy?

Is the term applicable for gays?

Does the spelling "fuccboi" imply the same as the original spelling?
    Last edited by Weimann; 07-07-2017, 08:52 AM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Some US jargon-y synonyms for that particular word are "douchebag" or "asshole"; in all the contexts that I've heard it used here below the Mason-Dixon line have been derogatory without necessarily implying someone who wants sex.

Comment

It's kind of a mix of all three. The term can refer to pretty much any unpleasant boy, but it does carry implications that he is unpleasant because he is immature and only interested in sex. A good way to think about it is that a fuckboy is the kind of guy who is only interested in sex (and will pretend otherwise if he thinks it will get him laid), whether or not he's currently pursuing sex. So, you might advise your friend, "don't hang out with Nick, he's a total fuckboy" not necessarily because Nick wants to have sex with your friend specifically, but because Nick's preoccupation with hooking up makes him unpleasent.

It's also sometimes used to refer to a guy that someone wants to fuck, though in this case the implication is that sex is their only interest in the guy. For example, "I need a quick bang, I'm gonna call that fuckboy Steve." Generally this communicates lack of respect for the boy, suggesting that sex is all he's good for.

I've heard the term used both for straight and gay men, though much more commonly with straight men. And yes, the alternate spelling "fuccboi" means the same thing.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Gowing by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

In Florida, around the younger generation(teenagers) and among my Jamaican friends, a "fuck boy" is an "insult" synonymous with "faggot."

I hate the term, as it's extremely stupid and derogatory.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

On the internet I've seen two main meanings:
          1. A weak/submissive/beta/other synonyms person
          2. A jokey form of address among the right crowd. Sort of like "nigga". "The right crowd" are the operative words. Some communities consider this normal, others will ban you and call you names.

Comment

When I hear this term, I think of a young man who is promiscuous who is basically being used for sex or is just good for being used for sex. I think that there is an implication of homosexuality (likely because people tend to think that using somebody just for sex is more of a male thing, though plenty of women do it too) but not necessarily.

I also find it to be pretty vulgar and disrespectful and it would likely make a bad impression on me if you to use this word except within certain narrow contexts.

Comment

Throughout this discussion, please keep in mind that derogatory terms are, themselves, a sensitive subject for a large number of people.

While we have no particular ban against discussing them, we do expect that care be taking in the discussion. Failure to be respectful on sensitive topics has caused many threads to be closed.

If you need to reference a word that is similar to a racial slur to convey your point (n***a vs n***er), please be as explicit about your intent as possible.

It never hurts to mask a portion of the words or clarify your intent to prevent misunderstanding.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
              Read the rules

This is my mod voice.
              This is not my mod voice.

Comment

3. I don't think it has anything to do with sex, but immaturity. Someone who is just "Fucking around" is not invested in accomplishing anything other than frustrating you. Once they've gotten maximal results for minimal efforts, they just flip the metaphorical table and laugh because nothing means anything to them. And a guy who spends all their time fucking around is a fuckboy.

Comment

I have seen it used in several ways, so I am uncertain. The most common use does seem to imply a derogatory term for a male who's seen a sexual object, rather than a complete person; similar to how the word"Sl*t is used to describe a woman who is preoccupied with sex, or is perceived as only being good for sex. I AM confident that the "boi" spelling of boy is typically reserved for homosexual males.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                    I AM confident that the "boi" spelling of boy is typically reserved for homosexual males.
                    Only within the LGBT community (and even then not specifically for males). Outside of it this meaning of the misspelling is practically unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                      Only within the LGBT community
                      No.

As someone who's around hundreds of teenagers and young adults every single day, I can assure you that the "only" part would be false. While I don't doubt people in the LGBT community use that spelling, it is definitely not restricted to the LGBT community.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

The word just means trifling fool but dialed up to Fwird status.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

No.

As someone who's around hundreds of teenagers and young adults every single day, I can assure you that the "only" part would be false. While I don't doubt people in the LGBT community use that spelling, it is definitely not restricted to the LGBT community.
                          Read again. Spelling is used by everyone. Meanings are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post

Read again. Spelling is used by everyone. Meanings are different.
                            I have only seen that spelling used in conjunction with that meaning. To me, that implies that 'boi" has a specific meaning no matter who uses it, and I have only seen it used to refer to a male who bottoms. To be specific, I have seen the term "cat-boi" used to describe an effeminate male in feline-themed fetish-gear. I wish I didn't know that. No judgement if you're into that, I just didn't need the mental image.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

Boi is just something people add to include an extra layer of dismissiveness.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X