World of Darkness and the World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Darkness and the World

Most people here in the forums are from the US, but i like to know who´s from somewhere else?
    I know of some forumites that they reside in spain, mexico, sweden and germany (as i do in berlin).

So where do you live in this World of Darkness?

Emigrated successfullly from the "old" to the "new" sandboxy World of Darkness. Mostly playing Requiem, Awakening and the Lost.
    Likes cheesecake

Roanoke, Virginia. Eastern United States.

Originally from rural Dickenson County, Virginia. Grew up in a hollow near the small coal communities of Trammel and Dante. Moved to Roanoke in 2007, just a few weeks after my fourteenth birthday.
    Last edited by Camilla; 09-27-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Savannah Georgia, as one might have guessed

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

In Colorado, spitting distance from the eastern Colorado Rocky Mountains. BTW, that map in the Hunting Grounds book is SO misleading.
        Last edited by Papa Bear; 09-28-2017, 01:52 PM.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
        - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

San Diego, California. It's heaven on earth except for the skyrocketing rent and the fact that your choice of wildfire, megaquake, or military strike will someday wipe us off the map.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've also lived in Halifax, Nova Scotia (also Canada) and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Orbiting around DC these days. Grew up in West Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Comment

I´m originally from Cologne, Germany. I´d say it´s one of the most laidback cities in germany.
                Studied for 5 years in Bonn, stayed in South America for a year and moved to Berlin 2 years ago.

So I never lived in a part where "Lederhosen" were commonplace.
                I was always amused how especially the old WoD books depicted Germany.

Emigrated successfullly from the "old" to the "new" sandboxy World of Darkness. Mostly playing Requiem, Awakening and the Lost.
                Likes cheesecake

Comment

Galicia, a land, region, what-have-you on the north-west of Spain. Beautiful if treacherous coasts, green forests and plenty of rain, usually. Great food, great drinks and a somewhat melancholic if party-hard folk.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

I live in a town called Savona, not much far from Genoa, in the northern part of Italy but still close right over the sea. My town is a small one but still nice. It's big but not too big, nature is close and we have some cool stuff to see. Gave the world a pair of popes and tried to become important in the Renaissance but failed, plus some other historical trivia.

Weather is alright and so is the place, but we're essentially a nothing in the big scheme of things. Not exactly a town famous for its social activities either. Finding people who like the CoD here is kinda impossible and the groups of WoD fans are quite grumpy and closed to new people, so things are not easy on that side.
                    Last edited by Cinder; 09-28-2017, 11:11 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                    Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                      I live in a town called Savona, not much far from Genoa, in the northern part of Italy but still close right over the sea. My town is a small one but still nice. It's big but not too big, nature is close and we have some cool stuff to see. Gave the world a pair of popes and tried to become important in the Renaissance but failed, plus some other historical trivia.

Weather is alright and so is the place, but we're essentially a nothing in the big scheme of things. Not exactly a town famous for its social activities either. Finding people who like the CoD here is kinda impossible and the groups of WoD fans are quite grumpy and closed to new people, so things are not easy on that side.

Here in Roanoke, the few WoD fans here utterly hate nWoD/CoD. I'm sort of an exception as I started with Requiem before switching to Masquerade because everyone else was playing that instead. All the other RPG fans in my area tend to hate WoD and CoD due to either associating it with Twilight for some reason or because of the off-putting antics of the Roanoke WoD LARP scene at the time.

Also, they prefer Revised Masquerade with the metaplot, while I prefer 1e/2e Masquerade without the metaplot (though V20 is also excellent as well).

TL;DR You have my sympathies when it comes to finding a good WoD/CoD group. If you're interested in either Requiem 1E or Lost 1E, I could run a Play-By-Post for you.

Comment

Denmark, a town called Esbjerg on the West Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post

Here in Roanoke, the few WoD fans here utterly hate nWoD/CoD. I'm sort of an exception as I started with Requiem before switching to Masquerade because everyone else was playing that instead. All the other RPG fans in my area tend to hate WoD and CoD due to either associating it with Twilight for some reason or because of the off-putting antics of the Roanoke WoD LARP scene at the time.

Also, they prefer Revised Masquerade with the metaplot, while I prefer 1e/2e Masquerade without the metaplot (though V20 is also excellent as well).

TL;DR You have my sympathies when it comes to finding a good WoD/CoD group. If you're interested in either Requiem 1E or Lost 1E, I could run a Play-By-Post for you.
                          Not as many Wod or CofD fans in Savannah as one would think. There is a WoD larp group, but i don't have the larp rules so...

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Moved to Chambersburg, PA in 2002, after 24 years on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, bringing with me a fair number of WoD, Æon-verse (as we called it then) and Exalted books.

Comment

I live in Longueuil, just under Montréal but i was born in Granby (great zoo there btw). All in the province of Québec in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X