Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Darkness and the World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Although I'm from Barcelona, cyrrently I'm living in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, México


    LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

    OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      San Diego, California. It's heaven on earth except for the skyrocketing rent and the fact that your choice of wildfire, megaquake, or military strike will someday wipe us off the map.
      Sacramento, California. This is the state capital of California. We used to have major air force bases, but those were privatized in the early 1990s after a round of Cold War base closures. The economy has never really recovered in that range, despite efforts to grow our technology base. Essentially, we are a hinterland of San Francisco and the Bay Area, though we do have a lot of health care, education and government jobs. Rental unit construction has been limited, almost as much as Detroit's and Detroit is seen as a bad city. Exacerbating that rental market has been restriction on building that was just lifted in the Natomas area and builders focusing on larger single-family homes, so that if you aren't making a ton of dough, your housing options are limited.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by baakyocalder View Post

        Sacramento, California. This is the state capital of California. We used to have major air force bases, but those were privatized in the early 1990s after a round of Cold War base closures. The economy has never really recovered in that range, despite efforts to grow our technology base. Essentially, we are a hinterland of San Francisco and the Bay Area, though we do have a lot of health care, education and government jobs. Rental unit construction has been limited, almost as much as Detroit's and Detroit is seen as a bad city. Exacerbating that rental market has been restriction on building that was just lifted in the Natomas area and builders focusing on larger single-family homes, so that if you aren't making a ton of dough, your housing options are limited.
        I remember going to Sacramento on a school trip as a kid and thinking it was a ghost city.


        Call me Regina or Lex.

        Female pronouns for me, please.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Uxas View Post
          Although I'm from Barcelona, cyrrently I'm living in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, México
          El lugar de conejitos! <3
          How is your gaming situation there?


          Emigrated successfullly from the "old" to the "new" sandboxy World of Darkness. Mostly playing Requiem, Awakening and the Lost.
          Likes cheesecake

          Comment


          • #20
            It's almost inexistent. I've only have known one local that knew what a tabletop RPG was (and by interet, not in person). I almost prefered the reactions in Barcelona when people knew I played RPGs (in Spain there was the local equivalent of the U.S. Satanic Panic,but in the 90s).

            So I decided to create my own troupe with my University students (I am a History teacher), so I directed them Fall of the Camarilla. We almost dont play (not enough free time for me), but I'd like to direct them The Sundered World (Neolithic Mage The Awakening).


            LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

            OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

            Comment


            • #21
              Tápiószecső, Hungary.

              It's a middle-sized town, or an -almost- small city near (45 minutes with train) to Budapest. I love the capital, with all my heart (it's really one of the most beautiful and history-ridden cities of the world, the centre with the Danube is even a World Heritage and rightfully so) with all of its scenes and cultural life and I went there for high school and I'm still going for participating in basically anything (for example, rpgs), but actually, I always liked to go home to the agglomeration more (okay, daily commuting still sucks). There's something for clean air, less buildings, less light pollution and having the woods practically at my backdoor...

              CofD (or rather, NWoD) never got a real foothold there (I mean Budapest, in my hometown I'm not sure there was more than a dozen rpg players at any time). Oh, sure, some people bought (some of) the books (including me), played some games, even tried a longer campaign. I'm sure there are groups out there playing it, but it's 90% WoD, tabletop and LARP both and mostly Vampire (revised got published in Hungarian, with supplements and novels, so it's not surprising), though plenty of people knows and plays the others too.





              If nothing worked, then let's think!

              Comment


              • #22
                Now? Port St. Lucie, FL. Haven't gamed in a bit, though. Had a number of great gamers to play with over the last 15-20 years(I'm almost 40 now). Not many gamers left in my area and it's very difficult to find time; and I also find myself weening quite a bit from the Onyx Path model of games and the current political climate(injecting politics into everything). I know there have always been politics in gaming and culture stretching back two decades, but I also used a lot less sugar in my coffee than I do now. Escapism is not really an escape for me, anymore.

                Which is fine.

                I'm perfectly capable of using my free time(and money) on other things.


                PENTEX SUCKS.

                I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                  Now? Port St. Lucie, FL. Haven't gamed in a bit, though. Had a number of great gamers to play with over the last 15-20 years(I'm almost 40 now). Not many gamers left in my area and it's very difficult to find time; and I also find myself weening quite a bit from the Onyx Path model of games and the current political climate(injecting politics into everything). I know there have always been politics in gaming and culture stretching back two decades, but I also used a lot less sugar in my coffee than I do now. Escapism is not really an escape for me, anymore.

                  Which is fine.

                  I'm perfectly capable of using my free time(and money) on other things.
                  Sounds sad, that you lost your fun in gaming. But hobby do change, and interestingly you are still arround in the forums.

                  Interesting: For me the current Onyx Path games, are way more unpolitical than the WW stuff from the 90´s. But i guess when one comes to age one sees more politics in everything as we come to understand that very little is unaffected by politics.



                  Emigrated successfullly from the "old" to the "new" sandboxy World of Darkness. Mostly playing Requiem, Awakening and the Lost.
                  Likes cheesecake

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by maekkel View Post

                    Sounds sad, that you lost your fun in gaming. But hobby do change, and interestingly you are still arround in the forums.

                    I didn't say I lost my fun in gaming. I...literally never said that.

                    And these forums cover all editions, right? Including the ones I was so fond of years ago(and have most recently played). And I'm extremely curious in how new WW handles 5th edition(and so far, I'm pretty stoked for it). There's probably a dozen other reasons while I'm still around, besides those two important ones.

                    And I'm always down with the "punching up," down with the man, and fight the power feelings of the old WW books. The most recent ones, however, have much more added political and social baggage, IMO.

                    Which, AGAIN, is great if that works for you. For me, not so much.


                    PENTEX SUCKS.

                    I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                      Now? Port St. Lucie, FL. Haven't gamed in a bit, though. Had a number of great gamers to play with over the last 15-20 years(I'm almost 40 now). Not many gamers left in my area and it's very difficult to find time; and I also find myself weening quite a bit from the Onyx Path model of games and the current political climate(injecting politics into everything). I know there have always been politics in gaming and culture stretching back two decades, but I also used a lot less sugar in my coffee than I do now. Escapism is not really an escape for me, anymore.

                      Which is fine.

                      I'm perfectly capable of using my free time(and money) on other things.

                      Sorry you feel that way. I generally avoid putting politics in my games and if you're interested in a non-political old-school WoD game, I can help you out and start a play-by-post.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

                        And I'm always down with the "punching up," down with the man, and fight the power feelings of the old WW books. The most recent ones, however, have much more added political and social baggage, IMO.
                        Judging from what we know so far, I think V5 will be more political and even more leftist political, but maybe closer to the older editions' feel. I'm seeing a lot more anti-authoritarian themes right now than identity politics themes. Which is good in my book. Albeit I could be totally wrong, we'll see.

                        Also, my problem with OPP's works never were the inclusion of identity stuff in the games. That was always a part of it and rightly so. But I didn't like how they sometimes changed the setting to fit it to certain contemporary politics, while toned down a lot of the old themes. Most of them are still pretty good books though and this whole thing is not always prevalent and at the forefront, but it totally soured me on, for example DAV20.

                        Totally unrelated (maybe I'll open a new thread for it), but I'm pretty excited about LexOccultum right now. It seems to be a great WoD alternative, with an 18th century setting (woefully underused), the pictures are beautiful and oozes style and some vague Ravenloft-feel, while the rules are of a good ol' classic-style rpg's. What's not to love?



                        If nothing worked, then let's think!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                          LexOccultum right now. It seems to be a great WoD alternative, with an 18th century setting (woefully underused), the pictures are beautiful and oozes style and some vague Ravenloft-feel, while the rules are of a good ol' classic-style rpg's. What's not to love?
                          Never heard of it. I'll have to check it out.


                          PENTEX SUCKS.

                          I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Stockholm, Sweden here.

                            My Exalted game is on hiatus while we are waiting to find out if one of the players still will be able to participate, but over the net, after she moves to another continent. Not sure the game will survive, but one can always hope. Other than that, all is quite on the gaming front.

                            There are quite a bit of roleplayers over here, but finding a bunch of people that are both compatible game-style wise and schedule wise... I'm actually considering giving video-chat based roleplay a chance after they change the ISP for the building in November.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Hi maekkel; try to guess where im from...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, in the northwest of Spain. It's a small city of about 100.000 inhabitants, with many students, burocrats and clergy, and a a center o pilgrimage. Galicia is a rural country with disperse population, natural landscapes and a melancholic weather and people.
                                Last edited by Magus; 10-16-2017, 12:00 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X