No announcement yet.

The D&D thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for adventure books, I can recommend three for 5e: Curse of Strahd, The Yawning Portal, and The Ghosts of Salt Marsh.

The first is more or less a complete campaign, bringing the players from 1st level (when running the Death House starter) all the way to...whatever is needed to take down the titular Strahd (a CR 26 monster, if I remember correctly). Plus, if you or your gaming group enjoy Gothic Horror, Curse of Strahd will definitely scratch that itch.

The latter two books are less holistic, and more like strings of loosely related adventures. Ones that CAN be strung together into a coherent tale, if the DM wishes to. Both books also take direct inspiration from previously published DnD adventures from throughout the various editions. Yawning Portal is more of a "Greatest Hits" collection, whereas Ghosts of Salt Marsh updates a series of nautically themed adventures/dungeons. While other 5e adventure books provide plenty of material for running grand campaigns, these two books are more flexible in how they can be used.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
      Hmm, my parents ended up getting me the three core books for 5e. I hope i showed suitable thanks for such a big gift. But i think I'm going to buy Xanathar's for myself anyway.

Also, anyone got links to the errata for the PHB, DMG, MM and the XGtE?
      Unless they got you used copies, you shouldn’t need it. The latest printings have the latest errata baked in. Xanathar’s Guide doesn’t have any errata that I know of (though it does bake in the errata to the spells it reprints from the Elemental Evil Player’s Guide). Worth noting though that Healing Spirit is kinda broken out of combat, and while it hasn’t had any errata, Jeremy Crawford has recommended limiting it to 2x the caster’s Wis mod uses before the spell ends if it’s causing problems.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• So a culture of jumping spider folk with innate illusion magic, the Anadi, have shown up in three separate Pathfinder 2e books, just one month into the new edition. I think the devs have a favorite.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          So a culture of jumping spider folk with innate illusion magic, the Anadi, have shown up in three separate Pathfinder 2e books, just one month into the new edition. I think the devs have a favorite.

Where as I think that I have a new race to kill on sight...

Comment

So a culture of jumping spider folk with innate illusion magic, the Anadi, have shown up in three separate Pathfinder 2e books, just one month into the new edition. I think the devs have a favorite.
            Maybe Paizo are just as eager for Hollow Knight: Silksong as the rest of us, and needed an outlet.

Comment

• I gave my halfling battlemaster a spin this Wednesday in a game. We're using a pre-written module taking place on a derelict ship. It's got spiders and ettercaps on it. In two fights, I've used up all my superiority dice, my action surge and my second wind. Those spiders are brutal. Actually having some buttons to push in a fight is certainly better than when I played a rogue, even if they don't last long.

Comment

I know I have a new favourite at least XD They are awesome!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Hmmm, upon retrospect, I don't think the Goblin's attribute layout matches with their lore. I would replace the -2 to Wisdom with a -2 to Intelligence. This would fit with the theme of them being extremely afraid of reading, and thus any knowledge their people have would be passed down through oral tradition, which can become distorted along the way.

I would also replace their +2 Charisma with a +2 to Constitution, as they still have a negative reputation in mainstream society, and they have the ability to eat food that by all rights should kill a normal consumer.

Comment

• New Paizo blog post up about playable hobgoblins in 2e!

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

New Paizo blog post up about playable hobgoblins in 2e!

Oh, goody! Where can I find it? Been curious about Pathfinder's version of Hobgoblins for a while.

Comment

• https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...Peace-A-Chance

Yup, that's going to translate fairly well to Eberron.
                        Last edited by Second Chances; 08-23-2019, 07:50 PM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                          https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...Peace-A-Chance

Yup, that's going to translate fairly well to Eberron.

Saw a couple people were skeptical about the Hobgoblin artwork. Personally, I think I prefer this kind of art style, instead of the more orc-like appearance from previous works.

Comment

• Where's that one from? It doesn't look like Pathfinder 1e's hobgoblins.

I dig the new art. Gives them more personality and more cohesiveness with goblin art.

Comment

• Well, we finished the module. I didn't enjoy it much, sadly. Fighting spider swarms in very cramped spaces gets old quickly and I'm not cut out for voice-chat games - I get headaches from wearing headphones too much and we didn't have a proper map. I did drop what I think was a boss enemy in one round, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                                Where's that one from? It doesn't look like Pathfinder 1e's hobgoblins.

I dig the new art. Gives them more personality and more cohesiveness with goblin art.

Pulled it off Deviantart. Typed in Pathfinder Hobgoblins, and much of the art looks like a bunch of sharp toothed orcs, so I thought that was how they looked.

Comment

Working...
                                X