No announcement yet.

The D&D thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting the PF2 Sorcerer access any spell list depending on their bloodline is brilliant.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      Letting the PF2 Sorcerer access any spell list depending on their bloodline is brilliant.

Ooooh, tasty!

So, I'm guessing that Divine Sorcerers are the equivalent to Favored Souls?
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-10-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

If 4th edition was anything like Sword Coast Legends, then I say we pour salt on its grave, just to be safe!

Fucking talent trees....

30 seconds of Googling tell me that SCL is a video game that has little to do with 4e rules. Even less Googling would have told you that 4e has no such thing as "talent trees".

Comment

• Originally posted by Morty View Post

30 seconds of Googling tell me that SCL is a video game that has little to do with 4e rules. Even less Googling would have told you that 4e has no such thing as "talent trees".

Huh, I was lead to believe Sword Coast Legends was at least trying to adhere to 4th edition.

Speaking of which, I'm curious as to why all the D&D games that come out in recent years are adhering to 2nd and 3rd edition mechanics, rather than 4th or 5th.

Comment

Letting the PF2 Sorcerer access any spell list depending on their bloodline is brilliant.
            I’m no Pathfinder fan, but I’ve always loved their Sorcerers, especially with some of the wild Bloodlines (Nanite!) that they’ve published. Hope the Bloodrager winds up in 2e soon.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
              Ooooh, tasty!

So, I'm guessing that Divine Sorcerers are the equivalent to Favored Souls?
              I think they’ll be the equivalent of Oracles, but those were pretty much PF1’s equivalent of Divine Souls. So, yes.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Right, now that we're done bringing irrelevant video games to this discussion...

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                Speaking of Rangers but changing gears to 5e. Am I the only one who thinks nearly all the Ranger archetypes/subclasses feel a bit same-y? I was recently trying to decide which one to fit an NPC into and the more I thought about it the more it seemed like the Hunter, the Beast Master, and the Monster Slayer were kind of a homogenous blob.
                I had a very similar experience with rogues. Besides maybe Arcane Tricksters, their subclasses really don't bring much to the table. Certainly nothing that would make you feel like you're playing a particular kind of rogue. Ranger does seem to be in the same boat.

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                But remember, in this combat system dual-wielding isn't required to make multiple attacks, and without Feats, dual-wielding doesn't give any additional attacks. Or any benefits related to multiple attacks at all. Agile weapons reduce the multiple-attack penalty, but you get that same benefit whether you're wielding another weapon or not. Hunt Target gives exactly the same advantage no matter what weapons you're using. Well, as long as they're melee weapons. It actually does give a greater benefit to ranged weapons, though I think it's pretty reasonable for the class called the ranger to be best at ranged combat.
                I'm going to test it by trying to recreate the last PF character I made, before giving up on the 3.x in all its forms, a greataxe-wielding ranger.

As for sorcerers... they do look quite good. Will they finally break the curse of sorcerers being sort of watered-down, superfluous wizards? Looks like they might. The contrast between them and non-spellcasters remains pretty stark, though. Just compare them to rangers.

Comment

• Would anyone here be interested in doing the PF2 playtest online, maybe on Roll20 or something? I’d really like to participate, either playing or running, but my local gaming people are not super interested in as crunchy a game as Pathfinder.

Comment

Would anyone here be interested in doing the PF2 playtest online, maybe on Roll20 or something? I’d really like to participate, either playing or running, but my local gaming people are not super interested in as crunchy a game as Pathfinder.
                    It depends on when you want to schedule a game, but I'm up for it. I like where they're going with the Sorcerer, in particular, compared to some past iterations.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post
                      It depends on when you want to schedule a game, but I'm up for it. I like where they're going with the Sorcerer, in particular, compared to some past iterations.
                      Don’t know yet. I may not end up having time for it myself, but checking for interest before I start figuring that out.

Comment

• This twitter thread tho...
                        Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-10-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, that first picture was clearly not focused properly. On the thing in the background.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

Would anyone here be interested in doing the PF2 playtest online, maybe on Roll20 or something? I’d really like to participate, either playing or running, but my local gaming people are not super interested in as crunchy a game as Pathfinder.
                            I feel like I'd like to give it a shot, in the interest of trying it out properly.

Comment

Soon soon soon!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Well, I'd prefer Planescape over Spelljamer, but if its Spelljammer and Eberron I could live with that.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X