The D&D thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Well, I'd prefer Planescape over Spelljamer, but if its Spelljammer and Eberron I could live with that.
    Don’t forget there’s been lots of Dark Sun teases.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Don’t forget there’s been lots of Dark Sun teases.
      I don't think they'll give us Dark Sun until the Psion is finished. I'm sure they'll give it to us, but I don't think it's one of the two that have been said are coming this year.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        I don't think they'll give us Dark Sun until the Psion is finished. I'm sure they'll give it to us, but I don't think it's one of the two that have been said are coming this year.
        I mean, they had a characyer from Athas during the Stream of Many Eyes, so it doesn’t feel too unlikely.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

I mean, they had a characyer from Athas during the Stream of Many Eyes, so it doesn’t feel too unlikely.
          True. I could also see the recent Unearthed Arcana with the centaur being a stealth litmus test of traditionally Large creatures being Medium in PC form.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

True. I could also see the recent Unearthed Arcana with the centaur being a stealth litmus test of traditionally Large creatures being Medium in PC form.
            Are you referring to thri-kreen or half-giants?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I'd think half-giants.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Are you referring to thri-kreen or half-giants?
                Half-giants. I don't think Thri-Kreen have ever been Large, have they?

Comment

Not that I can recall, though it's been a long time, so... grain of salt, and all that?

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

I was perfectly fine with them being Goliaths in 4e.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

That was a pretty elegant solution to the whole Half-Giant question when 4e took on Dark Sun.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

I was too, but it was one of the changes that a lot of Dark Sun fans didn’t like. I could see WotC tossing out a Medium centaur just to get an idea of if that’s still a sticking point for the majority of their fans now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post

That was a pretty elegant solution to the whole Half-Giant question when 4e took on Dark Sun.
                          It also ditched the irritating “Half-Giants are severely unintelligent and mimic the Alignments of people around them” thing from 2e.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I'm really liking Holmes Basic D&D, probably the most overlooked of all the editions of D&D due to its relative lack of support and fairly short lifespan compared to other editions. Holmes is interesting because it stands in the middle of a nexus between OD&D, AD&D 1E, and B/X.

Yeah, it only goes up to Level 3, but Meepo's Fan Expansion (which is free) bumps it up to Level 9 and as a DM, I can also import the domain building system from OD&D (also found in BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia) and you've got a great game on your hands.

Comment

• Almost all 13th Age material is on sale today!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I've been on an old-school D&D binge, but I have considered getting back into the newer editions of D&D for a play-by-post.

What should I go with? 3.5/Pathfinder, 4E, or 5E?

I might look over my 4E Players Handbook I bought back in high school to see if it was as bad as I remember it, I want to give it a second chance and look at the rules from an objective standpoint now that the rage against it has largely died down.

That being said, if I did do New-School D&D, I am more inclined to use 3.5, Pathfinder, or 5E since I have more familiarity with them and they all have online SRD's as far as i know.

Comment

Working...
                                X