Building a Game Store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Game Store

First, I'd like to thank Ian for the permission to post this. It is a bit of advertising, but I think it's for a worthwhile cause, and I hope some of you will, too.

I am, in partnership with Devilfish (who some of you might remember, maybe, from the old forums- Hello!) very close to the grand opening of Lucky Goblin Games, a brick and mortar game shop, in Quincy Massachusetts, just a little bit south of Boston.

We've put in a tremendous amount of effort, thought, and resources to build the kind of environment we always wanted to see. Chief among the traits that we've worked to cultivate is the concept that gaming is for anyone and everyone. A big portion of that is tied in to the sort of community we are building, and the atmosphere we provide through our stewardship of the shop... but a portion of it also comes down to being actively mindful of steps we can take to be physically accommodating to the diverse needs of folks who want to come participate. Accessibility, inclusion, and dignity are our driving principles.

In order to help expedite some of our ideas, and to arrange for expert assistance in assessing what more we can do, we're currently running an indigogo campaign to help fund hiring an Accessibility Consultant, to implement the plans they recommend, and to assist us with bigger and better outreach to organizations and individuals who might benefit from what we have to offer above and beyond your average shop. We've already invested many of our own resources in pursuit of this goal, but we think it's an important one- and we're hoping some of you will, too.

The fundraising page can be found here-

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/l...ty-community#/

And it contains a rundown of who we are, what we're trying to do, and some of the things we've already implemented.

I'd be more than happy to discuss what we've done, what our plans for the future are, or answer any other questions anyone might have.

Thank you for your time, if you're considering a donation we sincerely and deeply appreciate it, and if you can't donate we'd also be eternally grateful if anyone is inclined to share our project around on social media- the more people who see it, the better the odds that some of them will be in a position to help out (and we've been so busy with renovation that we haven't had a lot of time for facebook and twitter).
Working...
X