X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand-of-Omega
    started a topic Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

A while ago, I had this recurring dream that new Star Wars movies were coming out, but because of Reasons, I just somehow couldn't get out to see them! Obviously, these were Anxiety dreams, not quite approaching the intensity of nightmares, but still mildly annoying. Now that new SW movies actually ARE coming out, I curiously don't feel any need to rush out and see them, so maybe that's progress?

Still, a friend convinced me to buy my ticket online so that I can see it with a group of friends, which I enjoy doing. Tomorrows' the day! After watching so many speculation videos on Youtube, it's almost unbelievable that by this time tomorrow I'll finally know the truth of it all...

Anyone else going to see this soon? What are you expecting/hoping/dreading?

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    At the risk of poking the sleeping bear that is the subjebt of The Last Jedi, this video is fantastic, and I think every Star Wars fan should watch it.
    Thanks again for posting this. I finally watched and really liked it. He made a lot of great points...
    Last edited by Mr Gone; 12-29-2018, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    At the risk of poking the sleeping bear that is the aubjebt of The Last Jedi, this video is fantastic, and I think every Star Wars fan should watch it.
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

My two favorite Star Wars channels, Star Wars Explained and Hello Greedo, both some retrospectives that I thought were really good. Of course, Patrick (H) Willems did a really good TLJ video a few months back I liked as well.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    At the risk of poking the sleeping bear that is the subjebt of The Last Jedi, this video is fantastic, and I think every Star Wars fan should watch it.
    Last edited by Charlaquin; 12-22-2018, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Sadly, I don’t find this all that surprising.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    People always gotta ruin things, and now it's part of someone's job. I'm not even a big Star Wars fan and find that despicable.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    This seems relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    I bring it up because, in the fever pitch of TLJ hatedom, there were rumors going around about how Disney execs weren't happy with Kennedy because of the divisive reception of TLJ and the poor box office of Solo. And among these rumors was that they were considering firing her from the position.

Some of the hatedom YTers were running with this as absolute fact, and smugly declaring that they'll hear about Kennedy's resignation any day now, that it was victory for the "true fans".
    I'm always amused by the YouTube Star Wars haters. They act like they're the end all be all of Star Wars fans and what they say will have any sway over the execs at Disney. lol.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by Weirdboyz View Post
    Why the hell would she? Because people didn't like the films she's produced and a cotton industry on YouTube complaining about her? So what? Pretty much all them with the exception of Solo made a shit ton of money. So as long as that continues her job is safe because that's just how capitalism works.
    I bring it up because, in the fever pitch of TLJ hatedom, there were rumors going around about how Disney execs weren't happy with Kennedy because of the divisive reception of TLJ and the poor box office of Solo. And among these rumors was that they were considering firing her from the position.

Some of the hatedom YTers were running with this as absolute fact, and smugly declaring that they'll hear about Kennedy's resignation any day now, that it was victory for the "true fans".
    Last edited by tasti man LH; 09-29-2018, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by Weirdboyz View Post

Why the hell would she? Because people didn't like the films she's produced and a cotton industry on YouTube complaining about her? So what? Pretty much all them with the exception of Solo made a shit ton of money. So as long as that continues her job is safe because that's just how capitalism works.
    I guess we will see with how well Episode IX does. that contract might not mean much if it does poorly at the box office.

Leave a comment:

• Weirdboyz
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    In other news, Kathleen Kennedy's contract as head of Lucasfilm has been renewed for another 3 years.

Well, so much for "fans" being so self-assured that Kennedy was going to get fired...

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    In other news, Kathleen Kennedy's contract as head of Lucasfilm has been renewed for another 3 years.

Well, so much for "fans" being so self-assured that Kennedy was going to get fired...

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Kylo Ren doesn't really seem to have a side, though, does he?
    That's... not really necessary to apply the phrase "side with".

Like, to side with his argument. Side with his personality. "Hey, we're the only ones who can understand each other, let's stick together and figure out this crazy universe as we go". Not necessarily that he's got an organisation or fully developed ideology.

Leave a comment:

• Ramnesis
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    I mean, he has a side (his own), but you're right that as of the end of TLJ he doesn't really have grander plans or goals. But a big point of how things stand after Rey refuses to join him, and his final battle with Luke, is that he has to face that reality. He's fought very hard... and basically has gotten what he wanted (even if not how he wanted it) and now has no idea what to do with it since it didn't turn out like he thought it would. He's a dog that caught the car.

Similarly, one of my favorite character moments in the movie is Hux's 'Oh shit' face as he sees Kylo raging at the end. That moment is such a breaking point for his character as he realizes there's no one else in charge anymore. No one to lead them. No one to give him the external validation he craves. No one to curry favor with. No one to control Kylo. Hux is the most capable person in the room now and it terrifies him.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I mean, he has a side (his own), but you're right that as of the end of TLJ he doesn't really have grander plans or goals. But a big point of how things stand after Rey refuses to join him, and his final battle with Luke, is that he has to face that reality. He's fought very hard... and basically has gotten what he wanted (even if not how he wanted it) and now has no idea what to do with it since it didn't turn out like he thought it would. He's a dog that caught the car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X