Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently a Mouse can eat a Fox! (aka Disney/Fox buyout)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently a Mouse can eat a Fox! (aka Disney/Fox buyout)

So how long until the X-Men & Deadpool join the MCU? Do we see the Fantastic Four actually get a GOOD movie for once? Enquiring minds want to know.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

It's a little disquieting,ain't it? one company owning everything

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      It's a little disquieting,ain't it? one company owning everything
      I'm actually... not super bothered by it. If Disney were to buy Amazon, then I might have some concerns, but this gets a whole lot of properties I like out of the hands of Rupert Murdoch, particularly National Geographic. So I'm kinda cool with it. Its now a really big and powerful company, more so than in the past, but its still not a monopoly by any stretch and frankly, they've been doing good work.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        I'm actually... not super bothered by it. If Disney were to buy Amazon, then I might have some concerns, but this gets a whole lot of properties I like out of the hands of Rupert Murdoch, particularly National Geographic. So I'm kinda cool with it. Its now a really big and powerful company, more so than in the past, but its still not a monopoly by any stretch and frankly, they've been doing good work.
        yeah,that's a good point. and yeah,the crossovers will be really cool

Comment

“Sure we’re marching even closer to the cyberpunk future of mega-sized corporations, BUT WHO CARES?! X-Men and Fantastic Four are back with Marvel! We finally have a shot at a *good* Fantastic Four movie!!!”

*big sigh*

Comment

Its not a cyberpunk dystopia until i get my cyberarms.

But now that the xmen are back to disney we can put the Inhumans where they belong......in a dumpster fire (except lockjaw)

Comment

So... does that mean that the Simpsons are now Disney characters? Will they appear in Kingdom Hearts IV when it's released in 2028?

Comment

Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
                So... does that mean that the Simpsons are now Disney characters? Will they appear in Kingdom Hearts IV when it's released in 2028?
                Yes to the first (this has been explicitly mentioned in several news articles), maybe to the second. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post

But now that the xmen are back to disney we can put the Inhumans where they belong......in a dumpster fire (except lockjaw)

This is very important.

I want my cyber six-pack. Maybe a cyber leg(or two). And finally, the X-Men can take back the throne they never rightfully lost.

Adios, Inhumans.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
                    Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                    This is very important.

I want my cyber six-pack. Maybe a cyber leg(or two).
                    Oh don't be silly there's more to cyberpunk then *just* the augmentations!

...seriously. We already live in a world where computers and the internet has become an ubiquitous part of our everyday life. Work on robotics and drones are progressing at a rapid pace. And the aforementioned growth in power of corporations that...seemingly no one can stop.

At this point cybernetic augmentations would just be the cherry on top of this chrome-plate ice cream.

Comment

The Inhumans TV series was... disappointing, but I DO think Marvel's efforts to promote some of their lesser-known characters is a good thing. DC's biggest weakness has always been a lack of support for for anyone outside of the "Trinity".

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
                      I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Frankly, I'd really like it if they used Bob Chipman's pitch for the inevitable Fantastic Four movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                          Episode 7 was awful, but Lucas did worse with Episode 2. Rogue One, though, was very well done and I think Disney might have some high potential in developing Marvel's brands. They already showed us that they know how to kill characters when it's due, so let's not believe they're only going to make carebear movies.

Even more important (to me, at least XD): now Firefly is owned by Disney! God knows what kind of asshole would leave such a franchise on the shelves for over ten years, but if Disney specifically bought it then it means they must have some plan to cash it out. I can't WAIT to see Malcom Reynolds again, I've been waiting for so long. ç_ç

Comment

Thorgi has some thoughts. I particularly like his comparison between the implications of this deal vs the implications of net neutrality being repealed. One is much more cyberpunk monopoly than the other.

Comment

Welp. It's happening. The various anti-trust committees want to launch an investigation into the Disney-Fox merger.

Comment

Working...
                              X