Omegaphallic's PHB/SCAG/VGTM/XGTE reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Do you do this for every girl that disagrees with you, or am I special?

I liked the art, the common magic items, and the ideas behind a bunch of the subclasses. It just happens that the name list is my favorite part, and given that I uploaded some of them to Tumblr and they’re currently sitting at over six thousand notes, clearly other people did too.
    Your gender had nothing to do with it, your the second person who has said it's there favourite part and I find it just as utterly baffling. It's like giving your cat a gift only to see it's more interested in the box it came in.

Still from what I've seen I'm far from the only one who concidered the names horrible filler.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      Ugh, I get that they wanted to give Blade Warlocks some love, but a Patron was the wrong way to go about giving it. Not only is it a complete flavor fail, it’s also just as easily taken by Tome and Chain Warlocks, who get just as much benefit out of its features, leaving us right back where we started with Blade being the weakest Pact Boon. Only now there’s a Patron that’s the clear best, giving Warlocks of any Boon Medium Armor Proficiency and a turbo-charged Hex that doesn’t use a spell slot and can’t be transferred to another creature after the first one dies.

The idea of having a powerful intelligent artifact like Blackrazor as a patron is cool, but they shouldn’t have tried to fix Pact of the Blade with it. Also I feel like the offhand mention that some people think the intelligent force behind Hexblade Pacts is the Raven Queen was only thrown in there because Mearls really wanted a Raven Queen patron and the one that was actually designed to be the Raven Queen Pact in UA didn’t do well enough in the polls to make it into the actual book. And it makes no sense, there’s nothing about the Hexblade that has anything to do with the Raven Queen except maybe the fact that it has a vague connection to the Shadowfell.
      Actually not completely true, the pact of the Blade boon alters what kind of weapons one can use with the hexblade feature. With Tomelocks and Chainlocks your stuck with one handed weapons but with Bladelocks you can use two handed weapons if they are your pact weapon and with the right invocation ranged weapons like a longbow pact weapon. Also only the Bladelock can get two melee attacks per turn without multiclassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
        Not sure if this is part of the "filler" portion of the book. But my favortie part is the random tables "trail of life" part. How was your childhood, major events, why you ended up with a class, etc, etc. I plan on using it for the next character i roll.

I also like the extra class subtypes of course. I am glad to see i'm not the only one not liking the hexblade tho. I really want to roll a pact of blade warlock and i dont want to use the hexblade as a patron.
        I'd say it's not filler, but it's also not the meat either, something in between IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

Actually not completely true, the pact of the Blade boon alters what kind of weapons one can use with the hexblade feature. With Tomelocks and Chainlocks your stuck with one handed weapons but with Bladelocks you can use two handed weapons if they are your pact weapon and with the right invocation ranged weapons like a longbow pact weapon. Also only the Bladelock can get two melee attacks per turn without multiclassing.
          Sure, but Eldritch Blast is better anyway, so that’s not really a big deal.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
          X