The Shadowrun Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
    Ugh, okay, that was one of the worst parts of 4e design for me. I could make peace with 5e, because proficiency is at least scaling and expertise, but it was a tough pill to swallow. Fine, tastes varies, but I don't like the binary approach to skills, I want more granularity than that.
    I am not saying that Shadowrun has to adopt that (though i do think it is a better approach to knowledges) but I pointed out that as an example of D&D 5th borrowing elements from narrative systems without falling into "intrusive meta mechanics"

However, I do think that the developers and writers are doing a decent job, despite Catalyst's mismanagement and I think it is their merit that the brand is still going on. I see the frictions between some of them and the fanbase and I've seen some bad decisions on their part, yes, but even then, I'd like to see them staying.
    I agree with you there, the developers of Shadowrun are awesome and put the most of them to make the product the best they can. It speaks volumes that they are doing the errata on their free time. I just wish those good developers were put under a better company that Catalyst.

I definitely don't want a totally not Shadowrun-esque Shadowrun. I'm just not a fan of "burn it all and start anew to the bright new era!!!!!!" mentality. Didn't work with any of my favorite games, actually more the contrary, but it got talked to death in the D&D thread, I have nothing to add to that.
    You mean setting wise or rules wise? Rules is the usual, new edition rolls up and we wait for the Gun book, magic book, chargen option book, matrix book, augmentation book and rigger book. Rinse and repeat on each edition.
    Last edited by LokiRavenSpeak; 01-13-2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

So that Shadowrun board game that's been rumbling in the background since 2012-13...resurfaces as the newly formed "Shadowrun: Sprawl Ops"...in Kickstarter form.

...considering the development hell this board game (and the tactical minis game) has been to due to manufacturing physical items, the fact that CGL is resorting to Kickstarter is giving me enough reason for...pause.

Comment

Working...
      X