...And That's What Bent My Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And That's What Bent My Mind

Hi. I'm Az. I like consuming movies and other forms of entertainment. I assume we're similar that way. Anyway, now that we've bonded over that, I have a question to ask:

What media, whether it's film/tv, literature, music, games, painting, etc. inspires, colours or even distorts the way you imagine or run the games you play?

I know that, personally, I've sometimes played characters that I've cobbled together from other fictional characters I like, and I've known friends and acquaintances that have done the same. I've run games with setting or power tweaks that stem from novels or films, and at least twice, 8-bit video games. I...uh, did things with blocks. Terrible, terrible things. Anyway, I've always been under the (pretty much unavoidable) impression that White Wolf/OPP games encouraged that sort of thing. What are your additions to the games we play?

I'll share one of many to start.

The Last Dragon. It's not the best martial arts movie. I'll admit. But it's the best at being The Last Dragon and influencing how important a growing me thought being a freaking ninja was. Before I had Dragon Balls on my radar, before we all wanted to go go be Power Rangers or become The One (In The Trenchcoat), there was Bruce Leroy. And Bruce Leroy had The Glow.

Why? He was the MASTER. That's why. And that's what bent my mind.
    I can confidently blame that movie for countless teenage Akashics, Solars, Hunters, and even a few werewolves that have made it into games. It's even influenced what supplements I'd buy. That's right. Bruce Leroy is also master of my wallet.

That's one of the many things that have bent my mind in fun directions.

How about you?

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
    (She/Her)
Working...
X