GenCon 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenCon 2018

So this year will be my first time attending GenCon. I look forward to interacting with anybody from here (both forum goers and the OPP crew) that are in attendance.

With the Event Registration opening this weekend I was really wondering how important signing up for various things is. Does anybody know what the likleyhood of walk-ins for various kinds of Events is? Seminars versus games, etc?

Thanks! And anyone else can feel free to use this thread to talk about and plan for their own trip too.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Seminars and panels you can generally just show up; I've almost never seen them collect tickets (no money changed hands, after all).

Games, a lot of times if you show up with generic tokens you can buy your way in, particularly for games in the morning (people think they're gonna go and then 10AM rolls around and they're like "no, fuck it," which is a sentiment I understand).

Bottom line: If you can get a ticket to something you know you want to attend, do it, otherwise, showing up (with generics as necessary) will often work.

Comment

blackhatmatt Thanks for the info. It kinda lines up with what I have seen on the website so good to know.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
      X