Let’s talk about Pokémon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s talk about Pokémon

The games, anime manga how you think Pokémon let’s go is pandering to filthy Casual

So, is it weird to anyone else that the human soul demonstrably exists in the Pokémon universe, and your afterlife might consist of being captured by a ten-year-old and made to fight their battles for them?

Comment

I'd love to!

Also, Let's Go is a brilliant move and the hate for it among the "hardcore" Pokemon fandom is absurd.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        So, is it weird to anyone else that the human soul demonstrably exists in the Pokémon universe, and your afterlife might consist of being captured by a ten-year-old and made to fight their battles for them?
        Yeah, I dunno. The 'lore' around this in the series is all over the place. Several pokemon are hinted or outright stated to be the ghosts of people, and yet those ghosts can breed and create more of their kind through good old-fashioned reproduction, which has...interesting implications.

Comment

Anything related to reproduction, death, and food in the Pokémon universe falls apart if you look at it too closely. Mostly because the Pokémon company insists on never acknowledging that Pokémon ever breed, die, or eat anything that isn’t a berry or berry byproduct.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Oh, and the fact that you can trap and god and maker of the universe inside a small ball and send it to fight against a caterpie is better?

(my personal view is that the Pokemon universe presents a world where human technology became so advanced, that it allowed mankind to capture/enslave the spirits and gods which operate the world. Pokemon trainers are in fact magicians which invoke the spirits they bound to fight over superiority, and as magic acts weird, pokemon originate from all kind of weird places- the ghosts of the dead, natural phenomena, castoff dolls and volcanic eruptions. The Pokemon world is quite magical, but simply bound in advanced science to create some sort of technomagic which, yes, allows you to put the very creator of the universe into a small ball. Terrifying, doesn't it?)

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              Oh, and the fact that you can trap and god and maker of the universe inside a small ball and send it to fight against a caterpie is better?

(my personal view is that the Pokemon universe presents a world where human technology became so advanced, that it allowed mankind to capture/enslave the spirits and gods which operate the world. Pokemon trainers are in fact magicians which invoke the spirits they bound to fight over superiority, and as magic acts weird, pokemon originate from all kind of weird places- the ghosts of the dead, natural phenomena, castoff dolls and volcanic eruptions. The Pokemon world is quite magical, but simply bound in advanced science to create some sort of technomagic which, yes, allows you to put the very creator of the universe into a small ball. Terrifying, doesn't it?)
              Oh, awesome! I'm not the only person who came to that same strange conclusion and then just went with it. Yep. Those balls can catch multiple kinds of dragons, various forms of elemental spirit and what could be considered genuine (yet completely subjugated by human children with the right equipment) gods. Either the Technocrats have gone in an interesting direction, or the Silver Ladder has definitely stopped holding back.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Anything related to reproduction, death, and food in the Pokémon universe falls apart if you look at it too closely. Mostly because the Pokémon company insists on never acknowledging that Pokémon ever breed, die, or eat anything that isn’t a berry or berry byproduct.
                A episode of the anime has a stout land die , and in SAM some Pokédex entries state that some Pokémon each each other mandibuzz really likes cubone for example

Comment

I can think of worst fates

Comment

There’s also the fact that the lore of the games implies pretty clearly that humans are Pokémon (or at least evolved, in the Darwinian sense, from Pokémon.)

Comment

Sounds kind of like Valhalla. Only minus the after-battle mead and orgies.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        There’s also the fact that the lore of the games implies pretty clearly that humans are Pokémon (or at least evolved, in the Darwinian sense, from Pokémon.)
                        Yeah and humans are animals

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                          Yeah and humans are animals
                          Yeah. That’s why it’s neat that they’re Pokémon in the Pokémon universe.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                            Sounds kind of like Valhalla. Only minus the after-battle mead and orgies.
                            Aww man, that’s the best part of Valhalla though!

Although... We don’t know what goes on inside the Pokeballs. Maybe Pikachu is just asexual and straight-edge.
                            Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-10-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

What’s your thoughts on Pokémon let’s go?

Comment

Working...
                              X