Let’s talk about Pokémon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    What’s your thoughts on Pokémon let’s go?
    As I said in my first post, I think it’s a very smart move on Nontendo’s part. I’m excited for it. I don’t get the fuss over no wild battles. They were a nuisance anyway and I always avoided them as much as possible. Plus you get XP from catching wild Pokémon and EVs from candies, which you get from transferring Pokémon to the professor, so it won’t mess up progression. Giving Pikachu double-kick early on is a good idea. I’ve known too many people who gave up on yellow as kids because they couldn’t beat Brock and didn’t know Mankey, Nidoran, or Butterfree would do the trick. Being able to walk with any of your Pokémon outside the ball is an oft-requested feature that people don’t realize how much time and money it would take to implement in a Modern Pokémon game, and a Yellow remake is the perfect place for it. Being able to bring Pokémon in from Go once you reach the safari zone is cool, though I probably won’t use it much. Two-player is a nice touch for the Switch, even if it’s a little barebones. Pokeball Plus is awesome.

On the critical side... It’s a bummer you can’t evolve your starter Eevee. I get that it would triple the models and animations needed for the starter riding on your head, but still. Evolving is kinda Eevee’s gimmick.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Any of you play the TCG?

Comment

Any of you play the TCG?
        I have, but I don’t anymore.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Oh, how do you feel about Let’s go only haveing the orgiomal 150 in it?

Comment

Oh, how do you feel about Let’s go only haveing the orgiomal 150 in it?
            Well, it is a Yellow remake, so it’d be pretty weird if it had more than the originals. Heck, it’s a little weird that the Alolan forms will be transferable from go, but I’m not complaining. The small subset is probably the only reason they’re able to include the option to have any Pokémon walk behind you. And keeping it to the original set will help keep it more approachable for casual fans, which they need right now to drive Switch sales, since they seem to be relying on Let’s Go and Smash as their only system sellers for the rest of the year.

Comment

What’s your favorite Pokémon

Comment

Alolan Marrowak

Comment

Why? Meow meow

Comment

Why? Meow meow
                    I dunno, cause I'm an edgelord, I guess? Marrowak has been my favorite pokemon since gen 1, cause I liked the stuff in the lavender town tower with the ghost, and finding out it was cubone's mother, and all the pokedex stuff about its mother's skull. Then Sun & Moon gave it an actual ghost type form, so even better.

Comment

tough question... I think that the title would belong to caterpie. My favorite starter would be bulbasaur, my favorite legendary would be articuno and favorite pseudo legendary would be dratini, but caterpie would still be my official favorite. If I were to scale them, it would be-

1) Caterpie
                      2)Dratini
                      3)Bulbasaur
                      4)Articuno
                      5)Chikorita

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Psyduck.

I like some others. Charizard, Jiggly Puff, Gengar, Wobbuffet, Koffing, Honedge. Psyduck's my favorite. Entirely based on the cartoon.

Comment

Bulbasaur. Bet you can't guess who I picked first.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                            The 'lore' around this in the series is all over the place.
                            As an assessment of Ghost Pokémon, I'm inclined to think that different ones have different rules. Some arise from the dead, some (seemingly most) are just creepy, otherworldly, and have an affinity to the actual dead.

I feel as though Pokémon reproduction in general has to kind of work by magic, so it wouldn't be out of sorts to have some that can continue to propagate out of mystically generated progenitors.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                              Oh, and the fact that you can trap and god and maker of the universe inside a small ball and send it to fight against a caterpie is better?

(my personal view is that the Pokemon universe presents a world where human technology became so advanced, that it allowed mankind to capture/enslave the spirits and gods which operate the world. Pokemon trainers are in fact magicians which invoke the spirits they bound to fight over superiority, and as magic acts weird, pokemon originate from all kind of weird places- the ghosts of the dead, natural phenomena, castoff dolls and volcanic eruptions. The Pokemon world is quite magical, but simply bound in advanced science to create some sort of technomagic which, yes, allows you to put the very creator of the universe into a small ball. Terrifying, doesn't it?)
                              Hmm...

* takes down notes for future homebrew

Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post

Oh, awesome! I'm not the only person who came to that same strange conclusion and then just went with it. Yep. Those balls can catch multiple kinds of dragons, various forms of elemental spirit and what could be considered genuine (yet completely subjugated by human children with the right equipment) gods. Either the Technocrats have gone in an interesting direction, or the Silver Ladder has definitely stopped holding back.
                              * adds the above note to the Silver Ladder section

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Woohoo What whould be the Silver ladders signature Pokémon?

Comment

Working...
                                X