Let’s talk about Pokémon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Woohoo What whould be the Silver ladders signature Pokémon?
    Dunno, but they’d definitely go for the legendaries. Preferably a Dragon type, if the théarch in question adheres strongly to the Diamond symbolisms.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Woohoo What whould be the Silver ladders signature Pokémon?
      Just my opinion, but if we're only using Gen 1, these would be my best guesses:

Clefairy - From the moon, you say? Along with the occasional "moon stone" object with unusual powers? I'll get my coat.

Magikarp - You're telling me that this useless aquatic specimen can become something extraordinary with just "a little effort and patience"? We'll see about that. It might grow less shabby scales or something.

Eevee - Its genetic flexibility makes it full of possibilities, especially with some Life magic..

Ditto - Ditto.

Mew/Mewtwo - We all watched that first movie, right?
      Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
      - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
      (She/Her)

Comment

What about the other orders the free council would of course have a porgon of course

Comment

What about the other orders the free council would of course have a porgon of course
          Not just Porygon, but any Pokemon that are supposedly man-made objects given life are fair game for the Libertines. Like that robotic clay golem whose name eludes me.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w..._(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Comment

Meow what would the SOTT Pokémon be?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                So, is it weird to anyone else that the human soul demonstrably exists in the Pokémon universe, and your afterlife might consist of being captured by a ten-year-old and made to fight their battles for them?

Baring in mind that one of those ghost types steals people's souls if they peer into the hole on its back. And guess what direction pokemon are facing when you send them into battle!

How about the fact there is a literal grim reaper (Dusknoir) who drags souls to the underworld?

Or that the very creator of the universe itself is, in fact, a pokemon!

But on a more cheery note, you don't necessarily have to die to become a pokemon. There are canonical examples both in game and even the anime itself where humans have spontaneously transformed through various means.

Bill was turned into a Kabuto when his teleporter malfunctioned. (This was changed to him being stuck in a costume in the anime)

Ash was turned into a pikachu when he was accidentally exposed to a witch's potion.

The pokedex mentions a story about a human boy with psychic powers waking up one day to find out he was transformed into a Kadabra

And if the Mystery Dungeon games are included, there's a chance you can wake up in a land populated entirely by pokemon with total amnesia as to how you got there!

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Anything related to reproduction, death, and food in the Pokémon universe falls apart if you look at it too closely. Mostly because the Pokémon company insists on never acknowledging that Pokémon ever breed, die, or eat anything that isn’t a berry or berry byproduct.

Unless you count the manga, in which case they make it very clear that pokemon do, in fact, die. Red's Pikachu blew up Brock's Onix with a thunder bolt. Charmeleon used Slash to decapitate an Arbok. The "ghosts" of Lavender Town are actual zombies, complete with rotting corpses and a hunger for living flesh. And the move "Acid" melts the flesh off a psyduck, leaving it as noting both a pile of bones.

Also, there's a newspaper article that heavily implies a trainer gets raped by her Tentacruel while taking a bath with it.
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I think it was the trainer that raped the tentercrual

Comment

Man that's some pretty dark stuff. I got the first volume of the manga for my son but he's had no interest in reading it, though he likes Pokemon in general.

Comment

I do to what’s your favorite spinoff?

Comment

I think it was the trainer that raped the tentercrual

The article has a quote from the trainer that says "That's the last time I take a bath with my Tentacruel!"

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                        Man that's some pretty dark stuff. I got the first volume of the manga for my son but he's had no interest in reading it, though he likes Pokemon in general.
                        Yeah, those protests saying that Pokemon is glorified dog fighting make a lot more sense if you read a few chapters of the manga. These 10 year old Trainers are a bunch of sadistic monsters!

Turns out, Gym Leader Koga is actually a member of Team Rocket, and tries to assassinate Red by shooting him with a rocket launcher!
                        Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-12-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

So what Pokémon whould the gurdians of the veil have

Comment

Ditto or Mimikyu?

Comment

So what Pokémon whould the gurdians of the veil have

Drowzee, Darkrai?
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Zourark? Malamar

Comment

Working...
                                X