X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Zourark? Malamar

How would those fit, though?

I suggested Drowzee and Darkrai, because they have power over dreams, which could be used to keep magical secrets out of the hands of the unworthy.

Comment

Zourarock can use illusion and disguise themselves as other people

Comment

Unrelated to all of this, I'ma let you finish, but Arcanine is the best Pokemon of all time.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
        Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

I just wanna say I wish that the posibility of sending pokemons from go to the main game stays in the future and isnt only a thing from Pokemon let´s go.

It would make more interesting to fill the dex and to make the team you want without overloading the region with non regional pokes after all discovering the new biodiversity of a region is a great part of the fun.

Hunger pool

Comment

You're a gym leader. Four Pokémon all of the same type. What is your theme and which ones do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
              You're a gym leader. Four Pokémon all of the same type. What is your theme and which ones do you use?
              Oooh, good question! With those constraints, I think I'll go with ice. Alolan Ninetails, Alolan Sandslash, Froslass, and Dewgong (Glalie would be a better fit, but I hate it). Gimmick is obviously hail, with the full suite of Snow Warning, Slush Rush, Snow Cloak, and Ice Body. Though, I'm also tempted to drop the Dewgong for Weavile because it's one of my favorite pokemon.

Alternatively, I might go fire, with Alolan Marrowak, Salazzle, Volcarona, and Talonflame. No particular theme there, just four same-type pokemon from the same region that I like a lot.

But evidently I'd be in the Alola region either way.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                My theme is Victory Through Attrition, and my Pokemon are of the Poison Type.

I use:

Grimer/Muk - For spamming debuffs and generic poison attacks.

Venonat/Venomoth -.For the additional off-type powers and the extra poison attacks. They'd be my default fight ender using surprise finishes.

Nidoran/Nidoking - The emergency heavy hitter. Likely having learned Megahorn and Earthquake at higher levels.

Oddish/Vileplume - The unexpected tank. Using Absorb and the various Absorb, Only Better powers makes keeping them standing in a fight easier than normal. Add to that Leech Seed and Moonlight, and you have a Pokemon who just keeps coming. My ideal combination, if I had to pair it down to the classic 4 moves per Pokemon, would be Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Moonlight and Solarbeam. Mechanically speaking, those last two used together are a fun combination.
                Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                (She/Her)

Comment

Steel Type - Scizor, Agislash, Metagross, Empoleon

Theme is roughly adapt or die. These four have lots of resistances and no one type weakness across all four. No blitzing with a single mon for you! (Although I'm sure there's something that could get a move for each weakness. But you get my point)
                  Last edited by Second Chances; 07-16-2018, 01:11 AM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I am obliged to say Dark, because seriously, no one has been a Dark type Gym Leader, but instead they have been unfairly cast as the go-to for criminal organizations. Well no more I say!

Dark-type, Two-pokemon team style battles.

Houndoom
                    Honchcrow
                    Sharpedo
                    Krookodile

Yes, they are all dual types, still, I am a dual-type kind of guy.

Gonna have to think on theme.
                    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 07-16-2018, 01:33 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

On the subject of themed teams, ever since the addition of fairy type, I’ve wanted a fantasy-themed elite four. Fairy, dragon, steel, and poison.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        Yes, they are all dual types, still, I am a dual-type kind of guy.
                        Dual-type is the only way to go! Gotta get that type chart coverage. My current six-mon team without same-type or same-region restriction would be Alolan Marrowak, Weavile, Mawile, Breloom, Kingdra, and Crobat. My only regrets are that I don’t have room for anything with psychic type and that I’m just shy of a full team of two-stage lines.

Of course, with my name I’m obviously destined to become a professor in the Pokémon universe.
                        Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-16-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                          Dual-type is the only way to go! Gotta get that type chart coverage.
                          Yeah, really, if I were a gym-leader I'd ignore the type-casting and just min-max the fuck out of dual-type advantage. The only pokemon I would ever have on my team that is single type is the afore mentioned Best Pokemon Arcanine.

I think back in the Crystal days my team was Houndoom, Heracross, Ivysaur, Slowking, Magneton, and Dragonite. Haven't perfectly crafted a team for X yet.

EDIT: With MY name I would have to not be a Pokemon trainer because I am not letting my name consign me to my fate.
                          Last edited by ArcaneArts; 07-16-2018, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                            With MY name I would have to not be a Pokemon trainer because I am not letting my name consign me to my fate.
                            I mean... in my case it’s a chosen name and actually the thing I would want to do in the Pokémon universe, so that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              Dual-type is the only way to go! Gotta get that type chart coverage.

Nah, all you need is a Feraligatr and you're covered for just about anything.

Move Set I used:

Superpower (fighting)

Crunch (dark)

Ice Fang (ice)

Hydro Cannon (water)

With the exception of Red and the need for HM slaves, I used that build to solo my way through Soul Silver!
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-16-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                                Nah, all you need is a Feraligatr and you're covered for just about anything.

Move Set I used:

Superpower (fighting)

Crunch (dark)

Ice Fang (ice)

Hydro Cannon (water)

With the exception of Red and the need for HM slaves, I used that build to solo my way through Soul Silver!
                                I mean, obviously you want to build your Pokémon’s movesets to have good type coverage. But building your team to also have a good type spread means STAB on more of your coverage moves. Plus, there’s just so many cool types! I always try to have a ghost, a flying, and a poison type on my team if I can help it. I also place high priority on dragon, fairy, steel, dark, and psychic. Then of course, you’ve got to get that grass/water/fire triangle in there if you can. Fighting and Ice are very useful to have. There are just too many cool types not to double-up as much as possible!

Comment

Working...
                                X