I Need to Confess Something.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need to Confess Something.

So. A while ago,i made an confession in here,because i felt this forum is one of the less judgemental places i've ever met and everyone is nice,i was right. So i have a another confession to make,and i hope you guys can help me understand myself better. This one is much less serious than the previous one,so here it goes.
    i'm unhappy the doctor is a woman now. I feel ashamed even saying that,but i can't really lie to myself,i just can't. I just lost all interest in seeing the new season of the show because of that. And i can't figure out why? why does the doctor being a woman bothers me? Could it be that i am a sexist? or at least have a sexist side on my personality. Thing is,i want to like Jodie Foster as the doctor,swear i do. But there is some kind of switch in my head that makes me unnable to accept her. You see,the doctor was THE character that was specila to me,i loved him for years. Unlike many other fans,i loved all seasons of the new series doctor who,loved all doctors,loved both steven moffatand russel t davies equally. I never thought any of them was a sexist,but i'm facing my own feelings right now,and i just can't help wondering if i am in fact,a sexist. Because the doctor being a woman does bother,i don't know what's wrong it me but i think there is something. I swear i don't want to be a sexist,but i can't help how i feel
    Can anyone help?

oh,jeez. i posted this in the wrong blood forum. Mods can you help?

Comment

Sounds like you think some sexist stuff. What happens next?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

So, a serious question:

How did you feel about Missy in the last two seasons? If the second most important Time Lord in the show changing didn't bug you, but the many character did I think it's a different line of thought than if they wasn't something you liked either.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          Sounds like you think some sexist stuff. What happens next?
          I honestly don't know? i'm considering keeping watching the show anyway and seeing if the feeling somehow passes

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            So, a serious question:

How did you feel about Missy in the last two seasons? If the second most important Time Lord in the show changing didn't bug you, but the many character did I think it's a different line of thought than if they wasn't something you liked either.
            What really makes me confused is that i bloody loved Missy,seriously, Michelle Gomez is amazing. And i also liked the genral becoming a woman too. It's just the Doctor who seems to bug me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
              What really makes me confused is that i bloody loved Missy,seriously, Michelle Gomez is amazing. And i also liked the genral becoming a woman too. It's just the Doctor who seems to bug me.
              Maybe its just the actress? and that something about her seems off? I don't haven't watched Doctor Who since Tennent.
              Last edited by Grimmi05; 07-13-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                Maybe its just the actress? and that something about here seems off? I don't haven't watched Doctor Who since Tennent.
                Unfortunately,i can't say it's just the actress,i've nothing against Jodie Foster,but i'm pretty sure that even if it was an actress that i lovei it'd still bug me,and i can't figure it out why
                Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 07-13-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately,i can't say it's just the actress,i've nothing agains Jodie Foster,but i'm pretty surethat even if it was an actress that i lovei'd still bug me,and i can't figure it out why
                  I have nothing against Melissa McCarthy, doesn't mean I have to like or enjoy anything she has been in.

Comment

I have nothing against Melissa McCarthy, doesn't mean I have to like or enjoy anything she has been in.
                    i understand. But i've liked this show for years now. The doctor being now a woman is the firt thing that ever seriously bothered me,and it is specifically because he is now played by a woman,and i can't figure out why

Comment

i understand. But i've liked this show for years now. The doctor being now a woman is the firt thing that ever seriously bothered me,and it is specifically because he is now played by a woman,and i can't figure out why
                      I wouldn't worry about it. You simply don't agree with the direction they took the character for some reason you don't excatly know. that's not a crime nor is it sexist. you have a few options open to you, you can continue watching and see if you change your mind or say you had fun with it and enjoyed it and you might come back to it later but now its time to move on.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. You simply don't agree with the direction they took the character for some reason you don't excatly know. that's not a crime nor is it sexist. you have a few options open to you, you can continue watching and see if you change your mind or say you had fun with it and enjoyed it and you might come back to it later but now its time to move on.
                        I think so too,i just want to understand why i feel this way about one character and i feel differently about other,i even liked the all-female ghostbusters team,no problem on tht front.

Comment

it is specifically because he is now played by a woman,and i can't figure out why
                          Maybe this is important. You didn't say 'now the doctor is a woman', you said 'he' is 'played' by a woman. This implies that, unlike Missy, you specifically think of the Doctor as a 'he'. Perhaps as a self projection, so a woman doctor is affecting your ability to self-insert/relate?

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

Maybe this is important. You didn't say 'now the doctor is a woman', you said 'he' is 'played' by a woman. This implies that, unlike Missy, you specifically think of the Doctor as a 'he'. Perhaps as a self projection, so a woman doctor is affecting your ability to self-insert/relate?
                            Could This be It? I mean,hell. I think it might makes me a bad person to not be able to relate to her

Comment

Could This be It? I mean,hell. I think it might makes me a bad person to not be able to relate to her

I don't think it makes you a bad person if you can't relate, that happens based on upbringing. But maybe it is worth giving it a try, watch the episodes while trying to relate, think about what it is like for her to be the doctor and a woman.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
                              X