The Symbaroum Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Symbaroum Thread

I'm recently reading this game's corebook and it's a quite great small game, IMO. Not everything I'd want out of a game, it has a bit more simplyfied rules than I prefer on average, but it's workable. The setting is good, but quite constrained. The viusals are top-notch.

Oeverall, I think it's more like a "filler" game, but a really good one for that! If I want to do a very atmospheric dark fantasy game, with mechanics providing just enough depth for my preferences, but still being just simple enough for anyone to pick up easliy and start a story, I'll definitely reach for it!

On the same vein, I think it's most appropriate for short- or medium-term campaigns, or for groups, who ares playing sporadically, or want a break from their usual games. I don't think it's sufficiently equipped for years-long campaigns. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I think the setting is just too small and the rules and character options too constrained for my preferences to do that, It just doesn't feel beefy enough for that. But again, for a break, or a short-medium length campaign, it seems really good.

Thoughts, questions, experiences? All welcomed here!
    Last edited by PMárk; 07-15-2018, 04:49 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

I don't have much to say - I've got the corebook but I've never gotten around to playing it - but I love the art.

Comment

Originally posted by ajf115 View Post
      I don't have much to say - I've got the corebook but I've never gotten around to playing it - but I love the art.
      Yeah, interestingly, most of the best-looking RPGs I encountered lately are from Europe. Some of them not even new, but got English versions lately. Games from the US seem... I don't know, more generic? Less inspired and inspiring? Not always, of course, but many times.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Working...
      X