No announcement yet.

I wish that White Wolf/ Onyx Path would do X

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the World of Darkness Anthology series (or something like that) is an idea that's been kicked around for a long time and it's WAY OVER DUE!!

Especially with.....what.....6 different vampire shows on TV right now.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
    - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's funny that when it comes to be about vampire products, the negativity appears,
      "it's overdue", "no, no, that's overdone" (something that an EVE player said about the WoD MMO),
      but when it's something about sci-fi, outer space,
      (i.e. Star Wars, Star Treck, Battlestar Galactica, etc.) then, there isn't
      and they're begging for more, more.

It's a complete different story to make something based on a specific product,
      than relate it to things that are part of a genre.

If somebody made Lord of the Rings, nobody should make Game of Thrones.
      Last edited by NEN; 05-06-2014, 02:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        I'm pretty sure VtES is another thing that's in CCP's hands, not Onyx Path's hands. Though given the quality of the POD cards we've seen, I think it would be awesome if CCP licensed out the old card games. While there would be a lot of work in digitizing all the cards, but it would keep them in print, effectively, indefinitely.
        Would really love to see the Rage CCG again, if it was possible.
        And yeah, a werewolf game would be good seeing how there's not very many werewolf games out there where you play as one.

Looking back at the Street Fighter RPG White Wolf used to do, I know of a fighting game that would be cool to see in Tabletop form: Guilty Gear.

When I was going through old InQuest magazines, here are some things that were talked about and never came about:
        * There was a script floating around for a Mage: the Ascension movie.
        * Mark Rein Hagen was trying to make a short movie about a pack of BSDs in San Fran that were after a lost Garou cub.
        * Changeling was going to get a PC game.

Rage CCG Collector and Artist. Visit the Rage CCG Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
          Yeah, the World of Darkness Anthology series (or something like that) is an idea that's been kicked around for a long time and it's WAY OVER DUE!!

Especially with.....what.....6 different vampire shows on TV right now.
          It already exists, It's called supernatural.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock View Post

It already exists, It's called supernatural.
            Didn't wanna say it.....BUT.......yeah, I kinda noticed that, too.

- Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'd hope they'd make it better than Supernatural. Yea, I said it. :P

MrGone's Character Sheets
              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

I wish they could put out merchandise like dice sets and Java's Crypt jewelry again. I also have a list of all kinds of books I wish they had gotten around to making. Hell, if _I_ had the resources and the time I'd write them myself and just Give them to OPP. Let's throw in getting the Classic WoD MMO going again and actually finished this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                  I'd hope they'd make it better than Supernatural. Yea, I said it. :P
                  Since Season 5, that ain't hard.

Comment

Eh, I'd prefer something like Twilight Zone with multi-episode arcs. No consistent main characters.

But then again, I think nWoD is better than oWoD for a modern television series, so.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      Eh, I'd prefer something like Twilight Zone with multi-episode arcs. No consistent main characters.

But then again, I think nWoD is better than oWoD for a modern television series, so.
                      Same here, which is why I always push the anthology series. Get a chance to throw a spotlight on all the various corners of the World of Darkness.

And with the more local feel of the NWOD, it's better suited.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post

Since Season 5, that ain't hard.

Good Point.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                        For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Well......

I'd like to see a push into handy reference apps for iOS / Android for the upcoming Trinity reboot. I'd love to see a fast, easy to use app that gave me access to stats, data, powers in a tap or two and was kept up to date as more material was released assuming I'd bought the books / or through in-app purchased updates. A way to very quickly reference rules and mechanics mid-game without wading through the fluff / trawling through a PDF. Yes. Please.

There's tons more that could be done with the Trinity property through that medium too

I'd also like to see more merchandise for Trinity as well (RedBubble store is great start). I'd like to see shirts, dice etc but also figurines / minis / collectibles - I'd pay good money for a decent sized good quality Chromatic or Qin figurine.

I'd probably find Trinity comics interesting and would likely pick them up digitally quite consistently if the writing was decent (and I'm not a comics bod at all really).

Oh.... yeah.. a Trinity TV show done HBO gritty style. Man that could be something else (hey, I can dream)......
                          Last edited by CHILL; 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM.

Ad Astra

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post

While it might be hard to not feel like a bit of a knock off at the moment, I think the American Horror Story model would be awesome. A bit longer that "miniseries" of a few episodes to really develop things, but always a limited run before moving on to a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

While it might be hard to not feel like a bit of a knock off at the moment, I think the American Horror Story model would be awesome. A bit longer that "miniseries" of a few episodes to really develop things, but always a limited run before moving on to a different story.
                              With one splat heavily featured per season? Season 1 is vampire-centric, Season 2 could be mage-centric, Season 3 could be werewolf-centric, and so on.

Comment

I'm thinking more like three arcs in a season. Course, I'm also thinking 26 episode seasons, dunno what the standard is for American media anymore.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                                Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X