X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus878
    started a topic I wish that White Wolf/ Onyx Path would do X

I wish that White Wolf/ Onyx Path would do X

Simple question: What do you wish White Wolf/ Onyx Path would do, if they had the time, resources, and inclination to do so?

My wish is equally simple: A turn based RPG. Any of their IPs, with characters either moving or standing still (ala' Final Fantasy) in combat. Big focus on delivering a great story with memorable characters, challenges for all three of the holy trinity: Physical, Mental, Social.

Your turn!

• Kat
    replied
    Hire Cokesakto as Ascension writer and make him write a Japanese splat/KnK one.

Leave a comment:

• Argonometra
    replied
    I would love Exalted prints. Not just maps, but cover art and interior illustrations.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    All the American Horror Story seasons have been 13 episodes. Which would make doing more than 1 splat focus at a time difficult.

As to American standards... it's in flux really. Papa covered the basics, but as there's more flexibility in things like digital distribution of major shows (ex: the American version of House of Cards) and the premium channels getting more prominence (ex: Game of Thrones) there's less pressure to conform to the old standards.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    I'm thinking more like three arcs in a season. Course, I'm also thinking 26 episode seasons, dunno what the standard is for American media anymore.
    There isn't an exact minimum anymore due to the immediate ratings they can get, but a new show usually gets 13 episodes as part of the contract and at least 10 more if it makes it thru the November sweeps. Then they need 100 to lock in a syndication deal, so they usually need 4 seasons plus a renewal for a season 5.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    I'm thinking more like three arcs in a season. Course, I'm also thinking 26 episode seasons, dunno what the standard is for American media anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Sikla Alkis
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

While it might be hard to not feel like a bit of a knock off at the moment, I think the American Horror Story model would be awesome. A bit longer that "miniseries" of a few episodes to really develop things, but always a limited run before moving on to a different story.
    With one splat heavily featured per season? Season 1 is vampire-centric, Season 2 could be mage-centric, Season 3 could be werewolf-centric, and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    Eh, I'd prefer something like Twilight Zone with multi-episode arcs. No consistent main characters.

But then again, I think nWoD is better than oWoD for a modern television series, so.
    While it might be hard to not feel like a bit of a knock off at the moment, I think the American Horror Story model would be awesome. A bit longer that "miniseries" of a few episodes to really develop things, but always a limited run before moving on to a different story.

Leave a comment:

• CHILL
    replied
    Well......

I'd like to see a push into handy reference apps for iOS / Android for the upcoming Trinity reboot. I'd love to see a fast, easy to use app that gave me access to stats, data, powers in a tap or two and was kept up to date as more material was released assuming I'd bought the books / or through in-app purchased updates. A way to very quickly reference rules and mechanics mid-game without wading through the fluff / trawling through a PDF. Yes. Please.

There's tons more that could be done with the Trinity property through that medium too

I'd also like to see more merchandise for Trinity as well (RedBubble store is great start). I'd like to see shirts, dice etc but also figurines / minis / collectibles - I'd pay good money for a decent sized good quality Chromatic or Qin figurine.

I'd probably find Trinity comics interesting and would likely pick them up digitally quite consistently if the writing was decent (and I'm not a comics bod at all really).

Oh.... yeah.. a Trinity TV show done HBO gritty style. Man that could be something else (hey, I can dream)......
    Last edited by CHILL; 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post

Since Season 5, that ain't hard.

Good Point.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bear
    replied
    Eh, I'd prefer something like Twilight Zone with multi-episode arcs. No consistent main characters.

But then again, I think nWoD is better than oWoD for a modern television series, so.
    Same here, which is why I always push the anthology series. Get a chance to throw a spotlight on all the various corners of the World of Darkness.

And with the more local feel of the NWOD, it's better suited.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    I'd hope they'd make it better than Supernatural. Yea, I said it. :P
    Since Season 5, that ain't hard.

Leave a comment:

• Darling_Rose
    replied
    I wish they could put out merchandise like dice sets and Java's Crypt jewelry again. I also have a list of all kinds of books I wish they had gotten around to making. Hell, if _I_ had the resources and the time I'd write them myself and just Give them to OPP. Let's throw in getting the Classic WoD MMO going again and actually finished this time.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    I'd hope they'd make it better than Supernatural. Yea, I said it. :P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X