Can why talk About Marxism ,capitalism Andy that type of stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can why talk About Marxism ,capitalism Andy that type of stuff

Like why people blame communism for kmer Rouge and Gulugs but don’t blame Capitalism for the Alantic slave trade ,Native American genocide and King Lepolds ‘Congo Free State’.

As Social Democrat in my own homeland ( Poland ) I'm called 'Communist' for supporting our local party Razem ( eng. 'Together' ) that basis their plans on Scandinavian model. ( Even by my own father, to may I add. ) It's surely comes that we are post-Soviet country and general population is very hard Right Wing bend, both on de facto rules of Catholic Church and on Free Market business. Even when I'm rather modest Leftist - protesting for minorities and women's rights, separation of the State from the Church, supporting 'Fair Trade' in capitalism - I'm enemy for most of my compatriots. ( I do not even imagine how true Anti-capitalists are treated in our society. )

What I learned in my life and on this forum - each Left-Right separation model is different for each society - and from that - social classes can have different meanings. Still, in the end, all societies will create, in the end, high, middle and low class. Key is to help those on lower end. In that part, I agree with Marx. But not the whole social revolution - I think that peaceful protests on each subject are much better, even if longer taking, way.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'm broadly a libertarian communist. My theoretical influences come from post-structuralism and the communization current.

Thinking as I do that the Creator of this World is a very Cruel Being & being a Worshipper of Christ, I cannot help saying: "the Son, O how unlike the Father!" First God Almighty comes with a Thump on the Head. Then Jesus Christ comes with a balm to heal it. - William Blake, Christian mystic and visionary

Comment

Good; you didn't confuse communism with democracy, as most do; I read a lot of books and I found a copy of the Communist Manifesto while living in Bariloche, Argentina (in English at a used book-store!). I've also read the Turner-Diaries and several books by Ayn Rand; what I can say are two things; "The only thing I know is that I know nothing at all (because when one studies a subject, they realize just how much they don't know about it)", "The more things change, the more they stay the same", "True wisdom is realizing that other's lack wisdom (Socrates)", and, finally, that I am not good at math.

Comment

Likely because it's something we do and we like to downplay the negative aspects (and past examples) of things we do. This can get so bad that it gets to the point of historical revisionism or further blame-shifting, 'Oh sure it was capitalism that caused it, but that was just the -Dutch-.'

Especially since many of us are doing well. Even those who are not rich have running water, shelter, and if you're here, access to an international web of information. The idea that our way of life is bad because it has done so many bad things can often be shifted to think that 'we' are bad. And people don't like that, it causes stress, which means it's going to be pushed back against in some way or another.

Also for a good portion of the western hemisphere people had it hammered into them young that communism was the bad one so there's a further inclination to weigh it heavier than anything else.

Comment

Y'all are responding to a discussion from 2018.

Comment

Sup. I mean Cuba sucks but those it suck more then any other Caribbean country.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Y'all are responding to a discussion from 2018.

That tends to happen a lot nowadays; back in 1998, that wasn't a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguazu View Post

That tends to happen a lot nowadays; back in 1998, that wasn't a problem.
                  It's a problem now.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

1998 was over twenty years ago.

Comment

You can’t argue with the fact that in 1998, people rarely responded to threads from 2018.

Hey, check out my first original RPG, Post-Mortem, here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/307131/PostMortem

Or read my Exalted novella The Silence of Our Ancestors here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...looded-Novella

Comment

Working...
                      X