The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    What's so funny about a multibillion-dollar media company appropriating a minority's culture and religious imagery and misrepresenting them in a way that not-figuratively demonizes them?
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 11-03-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      What's so funny about a multibillion-dollar media company appropriating a minority's culture and religious imagery and misrepresenting them in a way that not-figuratively demonizes them?
      Baphomet, though not necessarily the Temple's version of them, has played a key role in my spiritual belief system and religious practices for more than 20 years. Personally, I find this move by the show (that I'd originally intended to watch every second of) to be tasteless and regressive at best. I'm out. I was excited about this show, too.

~sigh~

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
      - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
      (She/Her)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post

The Church of Satan had an interesting take regarding the matter of the lawsuit. They had a previous statement regarding the show itself here, which specifically gets what they think about the show.

Comment

It seems that LaVey's Church of Satan do not agree with Temple of Satan lawsuit against Netflix.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
          Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
          Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
          Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
          My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            It seems that LaVey's Church of Satan do not agree with Temple of Satan lawsuit against Netflix.

Yeah, the Church of Satan seems to really not like the Satanic Temple. At all.

It seems to be mutual, too, as far as I can tell...

Comment

The show doesn't really make an effort to show actual Satanism. It's basically used as a parody and satire of Christianity. I think it's a pretty effective and humorous satire, but that's obviously a matter of personal taste. I would probably be offended if I had a religion and someone used the name in order to satirize another religion.

Comment

Working...
              X