X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alucard
    started a topic The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Holy Moley, Greendale must be in Maine because this reboot is channeling Stephen King as hard as it possibly can.

Satanists, Human Sacrifice, Monsters and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKUX6thF8Q

• Florin
    replied
    The show doesn't really make an effort to show actual Satanism. It's basically used as a parody and satire of Christianity. I think it's a pretty effective and humorous satire, but that's obviously a matter of personal taste. I would probably be offended if I had a religion and someone used the name in order to satirize another religion.

Leave a comment:

• Paradim
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    It seems that LaVey's Church of Satan do not agree with Temple of Satan lawsuit against Netflix.

Yeah, the Church of Satan seems to really not like the Satanic Temple. At all.

It seems to be mutual, too, as far as I can tell...

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    It seems that LaVey's Church of Satan do not agree with Temple of Satan lawsuit against Netflix.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-13-2018, 05:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paradim
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    What's so funny about a multibillion-dollar media company appropriating a minority's culture and religious imagery and misrepresenting them in a way that not-figuratively demonizes them?

The Church of Satan had an interesting take regarding the matter of the lawsuit. They had a previous statement regarding the show itself here, which specifically gets what they think about the show.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    What's so funny about a multibillion-dollar media company appropriating a minority's culture and religious imagery and misrepresenting them in a way that not-figuratively demonizes them?
    Baphomet, though not necessarily the Temple's version of them, has played a key role in my spiritual belief system and religious practices for more than 20 years. Personally, I find this move by the show (that I'd originally intended to watch every second of) to be tasteless and regressive at best. I'm out. I was excited about this show, too.

~sigh~

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 11-03-2018, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
    Looks like Netflix and Archie comics may well have committed a little bit of copyright infringement on this one https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...lix-2018-11-02
    <Rolling on the ground and laughting>

Leave a comment:

• The young man in the cafe
    replied
    Looks like Netflix and Archie comics may well have committed a little bit of copyright infringement on this one https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...lix-2018-11-02

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I got very much Beast: The Primordial feel from pilot episode - I see so much I created separate topic for analogy between BtP and series. Great show, especially for Halloween!

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    I'm enjoying this show, glad it did not disappoint me. I like that it goes dark, gritty and heavier on the occult side but knows how to dose it well. And it's nice to see Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina.

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    Zelda and Hilda being effectively Gaiman’s Cain and Abel is an interesting take!
    Thought the exact same thing!

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    On Riverdale, I really wish they did more with Reggie. They certainly don't do enough with the love triangle that's older than the parents of most of the viewers. They just threw it out. 'You're with her, you're with her, that's how things are.'

Ahh Michelle Gomez and Richard Coyle, love them both. Coupling and Green Wing got me through some tough times.

Really surprised Bronson Pinchot popped his head up to do this since he's been playing Where's Waldo with the IRS.
    Last edited by nofather; 10-27-2018, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    I’m NOT a fan of Riverdale because I don’t feel like it does anything really new that other sex and murdery “teen” soaps don’t already do. It just has the shock value of putting THOSE characters in said plots. Honestly a show based on Mark Waid’s run of Archie would be comparatively more groundbreaking!

But this dark and gritty take is actually providing me with stuff I haven’t seen before, and I’m interested!

Though I do miss the sardonic animatronic cat.

On the second episode...
    Zelda and Hilda being effectively Gaiman’s Cain and Abel is an interesting take!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I enjoyed the first episode! It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely mine. It doesn't have the same sense of humour Buffy did, but it leans into the occult even harder.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    I loved the 90's tv show, so this much darker version is going to be weird.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X