White wolf and paradox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White wolf and paradox

Might be a bit late to the party on this one but has there been a post about paradox taking over white wolf and what it will mean for onyx path? It seems white wolf will be reviewing licensed content rather than generating new content. Could actually be a good thing for onyx path (even if it's sad news)

Hi! I asked th3 same questions. You see,two members of white wolf told me v5 inst dead at all. And Richard Thomas told me onyx path will keep on ticking,business as usual

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfAsh
      Might be a bit late to the party on this one but has there been a post about paradox taking over white wolf and what it will mean for onyx path?

There might be some threads from when it happened... three years ago...

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

There might be some threads from when it happened... three years ago...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

I think this is in reference to the recent Paradox taking White Wolf more in-house change, rather than the initial purchase.

As Nicolas said, so far it is business as usual. It is possible the OPP will end up taking a greater hand in developing the future World Of Darkness products, but that is not certain.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

It doesn't look like it's changing anything for Onyx Path. Shunned by the Moon seemed to get approved very fast so maybe that will continue.

But White Wolf already announced they were licensing out stuff before it happened (with White Wolf establishing some parts of the setting then letting licensees do whatever) so it looks like the person who was going to okay that has changed.

Comment

Almost no change.

They were planning to do this beforehand. It just came a bit sooner.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post

I think this is in reference to the recent Paradox taking White Wolf more in-house change, rather than the initial purchase.

As Nicolas said, so far it is business as usual. It is possible the OPP will end up taking a greater hand in developing the future World Of Darkness products, but that is not certain.
              Correct.

I'm curious to see how v5 can continue at this point. Guess they could license it out but difficult to imagine. Hopefully paradox will do something with the IP soon - it's starting to resemble ccp. It's a long time to go with no announcements except for a werewolf game

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                Almost no change.

They were planning to do this beforehand. It just came a bit sooner.
                Ah, just seeing this now.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfAsh View Post

Correct.

I'm curious to see how v5 can continue at this point. Guess they could license it out but difficult to imagine. Hopefully paradox will do something with the IP soon - it's starting to resemble ccp. It's a long time to go with no announcements except for a werewolf game

They had already licsened OPP to make Chicago by Night and some additianol related supplements. I don't see why a similar (or the same, not sure what the actual agreement is) deal would not allow V5 to continue to be produced by OPP just fine.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

I imagine in order to cater to the fans who cringe at anything with Onyx Path on it they're going to attempt to at least shop it around to other companies. Or at least they would have before.
                    Last edited by nofather; 12-11-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure "fans who cringe at anything with Onyx Path on it," are a demographic Paradox is particularly worried about.

V5 really isn't a big question, because the model intended (WW produces the core books and licenses out the supplements) is mostly what's going to happen; the exception is that the Sabbat book is probably going to be licensed out instead of produced in house.

The rest of the WoD is what's up in the air, because we don't know who'll be developing the cores for the other gamelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                        I'm not sure "fans who cringe at anything with Onyx Path on it," are a demographic Paradox is particularly worried about.

V5 really isn't a big question, because the model intended (WW produces the core books and licenses out the supplements) is mostly what's going to happen; the exception is that the Sabbat book is probably going to be licensed out instead of produced in house.

The rest of the WoD is what's up in the air, because we don't know who'll be developing the cores for the other gamelines.
                        The latest is that no new copies of v5 masquerade will be sold - if it's the case v5 is dead.

Comment

That's... take seems remarkably blown out of proportion. Nobody, not Paradox, not Modiphius, and not Onyx Path, have said no new copies of V5 will be sold. Modiphius (and one has to assume with Paradox's approval) wants to do some revisions, but they also want to keep publishing V5 material (which would be pointless if you can't buy the V5 core book). It is also still on sale on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                            That's... take seems remarkably blown out of proportion. Nobody, not Paradox, not Modiphius, and not Onyx Path, have said no new copies of V5 will be sold. Modiphius (and one has to assume with Paradox's approval) wants to do some revisions, but they also want to keep publishing V5 material (which would be pointless if you can't buy the V5 core book). It is also still on sale on their website.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/22/1...-entertainment

Its possible to read from this that Modiphius would continue to sell V5 corebooks but on balance I dont V5 doing well out of it. This is sad. I dont have v5 but Ive been a fan of white wolf for close to 30 years and I really dont like what I see happening.

Comment

The statement about not selling books is about the Camarilla and Anarches supplements, not the core book.

f course things aren't going great, so there's a chance things go down the tubes despite this attempt to clean things up, but right now Modiphius and Paradox seem to want to try to get V5 back on track rather than get rid of it and start over.

Comment

Working...
                              X