• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEN 8 Pokémon Game Sword and shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk

My favorite is Sobble what’s yours?

i'm ready for the next adventure

Comment

none of the starters are really clicking for me this time around, but I do like this new region. I think it's supposed to be based on Scotland?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
        none of the starters are really clicking for me this time around, but I do like this new region. I think it's supposed to be based on Scotland?
        Scotland and England . Brexit joke l

Yeah the starters seem to be Fakemon

Comment

Me too. The design aesthetic seems off to be somehow on all three of them.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

They seem too humanoid in appearance.

Comment

I'd go further. They seem generic and boring. I hope they tweak the designs before it comes out in full.

Comment

I'd go further. They seem generic and boring. I hope they tweak the designs before it comes out in full.
                *tells my brand new Scorbunny to Incinerate yo ass*

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Me too. The design aesthetic seems off to be somehow on all three of them.

I know. I'm starting to like Scorbunny more on a second viewing, but i just realized also that it looks like a Digimon. It's also more like a furry humanoid with rabbit ears and buck teeth than some sort of fire rabbit when you look at its legs. I like the more rabbit-like shapes of Bunnelby and the Nidorans
                  Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 02-27-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I know. I'm starting to like Scorbunny more on a second viewing, but i just realized also that it looks like a Digimon. It's also more like a furry humanoid with rabbit ears and buck teeth than some sort of fire rabbit when you look at its legs. I like the more rabbit-like shapes of Bunnelby and the Nidorans
                    Thank you! That is exactly what I’ve found offputting about these designs!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I don't have a problem with digimon designs. Well, for the child levels at least

Or were you talking about it looking like a furry humanoid with rabbit ears?

Comment

I don't have a problem with digimon designs. Well, for the child levels at least

Or were you talking about it looking like a furry humanoid with rabbit ears?
                        Oh, I don't have a problem with the designs... its just the two franchises have very different aesthetics in my head, with the Pokemon being more naturalist and Digimon being more humanoid. All three starters look more like stylized humanoid animals to me rather than animal monsters. If this were another game series I probably wouldn't feel as meh towards them.

Comment

And of course, my immediate priorities are "Will there be clothes shopping?"

My starter will be Growlithe, always and forever, but I don't have the same reaction everyone else has to the new starters. If anything, my problem leans more towards how they feel like retreads of old starters, and how I'd really dig them starting off with a different set of types. Otherwise, eh, they're fine.

Psychic/Dark/Ghost is just as viable, just saying. (Or if it is Scotland based, Fairy/Ghost/something or other)

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                            And of course, my immediate priorities are "Will there be clothes shopping?"
                            THIS! YES! I want to waste all my pokedollars all over again!

Comment

My Chinese Zodiac is the Fire Rabbit...

One of the starters is a Fire Rabbit...

This pleases me!

Comment

Working...
                              X