GEN 8 Pokémon Game Sword and shield.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Shit stuff like that continues to the curret day see sports team rivalries and the “Console wars “ god that is so stupid ,

I heard someone in the COFD thread theorizing that it was the work of the God-Machine To study physiology. Or something.

I remember back as a kid that the Raiders were my favorite football team. Not because of how well (or terribly) they played, but just because of their mascot and logo. I thought pirates were cool, so a team that modeled themselves after pirates must have been cool, too.

I'm not a sports fan, if you couldn't tell...

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      They came out around the time of the 90's. Where everything had to be EXTREME!!!
      Honestly, I think it had more to do with the fact that the collectible monster genre was brand new at the time. None of us had seen anything like Pokémon before, especially here in the US, so when two big IPs come out around the same time, both with this totally new (at the time) concept, naturally to our minds one had to be a rip-off of the other. A few kids were bold enough to put forth that maybe different people happened to come up with similar ideas at around the same time, and maybe each influenced the other as they were developing. But that was radical thinking.

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      Fandoms at the time were more like faction wars, than proper communities.
      Eh, that wasn’t really anything new in the 90s, and it has only gotten even more extreme since then.

From what I recall, Nintendo vs. Sega was a much bigger and more bitter fandom war than Pokémon vs. Digimon.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

IF we are getting New Eeveelutions for this game, the two that I most expect to see are Dragon and Steel. They just make sense, given the name of this generation's games.

Also, I just thought up a name for a Fighting type evolution: Champeon!
        Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-07-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

That whould be cute . Yeah New eeveelation!!

Comment

Speaking of Eevee . There was a discussion of what Mage orders should have what Pokémon.

Comment

https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/leak...pokemon-420955

Amoured evolutions kewl

Comment

Working...
              X