No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of folks are predicting that Mysterio is lying about alternate universes and that Kang is going to be the next big villain, but I don’t see it. Alternate universes would be a great way to bring the Fantastic 4 and X-Men into the MCU without wasting time on origin stories we’ve already seen a million times or raising questions of why they didn’t help with Thanos. Plus, how can you raise the stakes from a villain who succeeded in killing half the universe and when the heroes brought the dead back, set out to destroy the whole universe? The only way, in my opinion, to follow Thanos that wouldn’t feel like a let down in comparison is with a villain who poses a threat to multiple universes. I don’t think Kang the Conqueror fits that bill. I see him as the villain of an Avengers movie, a-la Age of Ultron. I think the next Thanos-level franchise villain will be Doctor Doom, in an MCU take on Secret Wars. But, as with the Infinity saga, I think it’s going to take them several years to build up to that.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Yeah, I think the alternate universe bit is absolutely true. It works too well as a way to integrate the Fox properties. I just think that Mysterio is lying about being a hero because... Mysterio. Like, that was literally his first plotline in the comics.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I have feelings about Doom and wish he could take his spot as Marvel's top villain even in the MCU, but at this point I can't imagine it being easy (provided it happens at all).

Properly done, Doom can give a lot to the MCU (not to mention that "dark mirror to Iron Man" angle which sometimes pops up in the comics would do wonders here), but that would require time, patience and careful execution.

I'm not sure they'll do that, to be honest. Not because they can't, they have all the skills, but I don't think the desire to do it is there. We'll see. Thoughts?

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

I think they are definitely going to have another big villain for the MCU. After how incredibly successful Avengers was, there's no doubt that they are going to want to replicate it but they'll need a solid villain for the next capstone to their ensemble movie.

Doom seems like a pretty solid choice for that role as he was always one of the most iconic Marvel villains. Of course there are plenty other big villains they could focus for the MCU as well. For example it wouldn't be hard to say, "Galactus sensed the vast energy spike from the Infinity Gems on Earth and is heading towards Earth to devour the planet." I also suspect that at some point we're going to see a House of M inspired storyline based around Scarlet Witch and her attempt to twist reality to bring back Vision.

As for Doom it wouldn't be too hard to set him up in the new movies. Just say he and the Fantastic Four were engaged in quantum research (after how important it turned out to be in the last movie it would be no surprise to see a lot of people experimenting with it). The Fantastic Four get super powers and Doom gets stuck in the quantum Realm for an extended period of time. When he eventually returns, he's been warped by the Quantum Realm and has access to "magical powers" (which were also a core component of his character alongside his technological expertise).
          Last edited by AnubisXy; 05-12-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
            I think they are definitely going to have another big villain for the MCU. After how incredibly successful Avengers was, there's no doubt that they are going to want to replicate it but they'll need a solid villain for the next capstone to their ensemble movie.

Doom seems like a pretty solid choice for that role as he was always one of the most iconic Marvel villains. Of course there are plenty other big villains they could focus for the MCU as well. For example it wouldn't be hard to say, "Galactus sensed the vast energy spike from the Infinity Gems on Earth and is heading towards Earth to devour the planet." I also suspect that at some point we're going to see a House of M inspired storyline based around Scarlet Witch and her attempt to twist reality to bring back Vision.

As for Doom it wouldn't be too hard to set him up in the new movies. Just say he and the Fantastic Four were engaged in quantum research (after how important it turned out to be in the last movie it would be no surprise to see a lot of people experimenting with it). The Fantastic Four get super powers and Doom gets stuck in the quantum Realm for an extended period of time. When he eventually returns, he's been warped by the Quantum Realm and has access to "magical powers" (which were also a core component of his character alongside his technological expertise).
            Please no, I hate when they try to give Doom powers. it just cheapens him.Just make his origin the same as in the comics. Hates Reed, study magic and technology, and wants to rescue his mom's soul from hell. I would introduce him in Dr. Strange or FF 2. build him up and give him room to breathe.
            Last edited by Grimmi05; 05-12-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Although... If Marvel does want to put a heroic spin on Mysterio, you know what would be great? Do the twist reveal that he's been the villain all along, but interacting with Spiderman has swayed him a bit. Not enough that it avoids the blowout fight at the end, but Mysterio is repentant afterwards. Cut to the stinger and Mysterio is in prison, trying to be better, but needing support. Someone approaches him (maybe Fury, Hawkeye, General Ross, or even Norman freaking Osborn) and says that the Avengers saved the world, but they aren't enough. A new team is being put together, a team of people who have done bad things (hence Hawkeye being a possible sponser) but want to turn their lives around. If Mysterio joins the team, they'll get him out on early parole.

That team is the Thunderbolts.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                ...succeeded in killing half the universe and when the heroes brought the dead back...
                ...brought some of the dead back.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  ...brought some of the dead back.
                  The ones he killed with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    The ones he killed with the Infinity Gauntlet.
                    Right, not the billions or possibly trillions he killed directly and indirectly before and after the Snap.
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-14-2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                      I have feelings about Doom and wish he could take his spot as Marvel's top villain even in the MCU, but at this point I can't imagine it being easy (provided it happens at all).

Properly done, Doom can give a lot to the MCU (not to mention that "dark mirror to Iron Man" angle which sometimes pops up in the comics would do wonders here), but that would require time, patience and careful execution.

I'm not sure they'll do that, to be honest. Not because they can't, they have all the skills, but I don't think the desire to do it is there. We'll see. Thoughts?
                      I have zero faith that they'll do anything well with Doom.
                      But I've lost faith in the entire franchise since Thor and GotG.

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowflame View Post
                        But I've lost faith in the entire franchise since Thor and GotG.
                        Guardians was pretty great, IMO.

Comment

I'm a former comic-book aficionado, Marvel time-frame up through the 90s...(admittedly the 90s were more from habit since there was damn little well-written then)

Thor And GoTG movies revealed that they threw out any semblance of the comics that first drew me to the movies. (Cap, and Iron Man were note perfect characterizations)

*shrugs* I enjoyed Ant Man (and the Wasp), and Black Panther...

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

Thor And GoTG movies revealed that they threw out any semblance of the comics that first drew me to the movies. (Cap, and Iron Man were note perfect characterizations)
                            I mean. Most of the superhero comic book movies were never made with the intent of being 1-to-1 adaptations of the comics to begin with. Hell, if we're going by Marvel movies, the original 2000 X-Men movie certainly wasn't.

Comment

And yet, I believe if Jon Favreau hadn't done what he did, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

Comment

And yet, I believe if Jon Favreau hadn't done what he did, we wouldn't be here talking about it.
                                ...and the Tony Stark of the MCU was not at all the one found in the comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X