No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorite Marvel Movies, do not care that they're different from the comics, just saying.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...and the Tony Stark of the MCU was not at all the one found in the comics.
      I disagree. As I said he was note perfect.

But I don't think anyone cares to hear how wildly different the movies became.
      Suffice it to say I don't really go for comedies all that much.

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...and the Tony Stark of the MCU was not at all the one found in the comics.

While there are some differences(arrogance, Ultron's creation, etc.) they are VERY similar.

The Final Frontier

Comment

I think arrogance has been a key personality trait of Tony Stark's going back at least into the late 70s when I started reading his comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
            I think arrogance has been a key personality trait of Tony Stark's going back at least into the late 70s when I started reading his comics.

Depends on the writer, but as with everything, there are levels to it. Stark in the 616 was really never as dismissive and arrogant to the same degree he is portrayed in the MU. Busiek always wrote him as confident and sometimes even a bit cocky, but never to the 'asshole' degree he's been shown at times to be in ten years of MU films.

The Final Frontier

Comment

I'd say he equaled or exceeded the movie version's asshole quotient (or at least lacked RDJ's charm to counterbalance it) back in 2006-2007 during the Civil War event. Which would have been right around the time they were developing Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                I'd say he equaled or exceeded the movie version's asshole quotient (or at least lacked RDJ's charm to counterbalance it) back in 2006-2007 during the Civil War event. Which would have been right around the time they were developing Iron Man.

His actions in that single storyline certainly didn't do him any favors. But I'd still place almost 60 years of Stark characterization vs. any of Marvel's piss-poor events over the last two decades.

But hey, to each his/her own.

I think they're pretty damn close, regardless.

The Final Frontier

Comment

Working...
                X