Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlines 2: Clan Nosferatu

Nossies! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcBHhSRkoFk

They updated their website, too. We finally get a look at what the Pioneers are about.

Comment

Originally posted by secret_dowwe View Post
      To be clear, that's looking at what's already known and speculating what the playable clan will be like, not an official announcement.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Nyrufa Yeah, Pioneers! And now Camarilla too! Old money-new money? They seem a little similar.

marin Right! Sorry. Not official . . . yet!

Comment

Nyrufa Yeah, Pioneers! And now Camarilla too! Old money-new money? They seem a little similar.

marin Right! Sorry. Not official . . . yet!

Honestly, my first play through is probably going to be with the Pioneers, just because they're unique to the setting. As for clan, trying to decide whether I should go Malkavian, or Tremere for my first play through.

I'm also very curious how the Pyramid is going to function as it's own faction. At this current moment, my theory is that they'll be officially aligned with one of the other factions (Camarilla?) But doing quests for them will be in the interest of making sure the Pyramid comes out on top of the situation. The big question is "what incentive does anybody but a Tremere have for helping them?"

Comment

Yeah, the Pioneers are interesting for the way they're wholly original. I'd like to see Gangrel lumberjacks and Brujah unionists. If Malkavian dialogue options are like the last game, I'd go Tremere. I couldn't even make sense of the Malkavian dialogue until I'd played through as a different clan first. I feel like they should have made them a locked clan that unlocks after beating the game once to prevent confusion quits.

Pyramid! Good question: what's the benefit. I agree they'll probably be aligned Camarilla, but I don't think they're main objectives will be the same. If that makes sense. I see them doing things so far as it suits their interests. And maybe even subverting them if they can get away w/it. The benefit of helping the Chantry (Strauss) as a non-Tremere was that he gave you powerful artifacts that really affected gameplay. As a Tremere, I think he'd mentor you and give you a haven. But maybe artifacts for Pyramid outsiders. I think it's in everyone's interest to control knowledge of Blood Sorcery. It'll be cool if their faction is a rebuild concept.

What do you think?

Comment

Yeah, the Pioneers are interesting for the way they're wholly original. I'd like to see Gangrel lumberjacks and Brujah unionists. If Malkavian dialogue options are like the last game, I'd go Tremere. I couldn't even make sense of the Malkavian dialogue until I'd played through as a different clan first. I feel like they should have made them a locked clan that unlocks after beating the game once to prevent confusion quits.

Honestly, the Malkavian confusion is exactly why I think they should be a first play through clan, rather than a subsequent. The entire gimmick of the Malkavian is NOT knowing the difference between what is real and imaginary. If you play through the game first as a 'sane' vampire, it diminishes the Malkavian experience, because you can then recognize when your character is hallucinating.

The devs have said they want to make the Malkavians more nuanced this time around, and present a more realistic take on depicting mental illness, not as something wacky or comical. And given the brief clip we see of the player battling the Malkavian girl and seeing her create a bunch of clones, I'm hoping that this means we'll get some kind of F.E.A.R type of experience, where our Malkavian suffers full blown hallucinations at various parts of the game.

Comment

That makes a Malkavian sort of sense! I enjoyed them on a later play through, because I could then see the hidden sense and near-prophecy. Maybe that's just my bias for clarity. Guess I'm not a natural Malk. Now, I kind of wish I could experience the game as a Malk w/o knowing what I do. Maybe I missed out!

Do you have a link to the vid w the Malk clones? Full-blown hallucinations could be a lot of fun, and maybe sad. Like Shutter Island or something.

Comment

Do you have a link to the vid w the Malk clones? Full-blown hallucinations could be a lot of fun, and maybe sad. Like Shutter Island or something.
                  It's in the gameplay trailer, and only shows up for a brief couple of seconds. But it's definitely the same girl shown on the Malkavian clan page from their website.

Skip to about 1:18 into the video to see it.

Comment

Working...
                  X