A new Pokémon thread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Pokémon thread?

Talking about any of the Pokémon Franchise the Games #Dexit. The anime or what ever.

Leaf Green. Kanto is my favorite region, has most of my favorite pokemon, i like having gary as a rival, and it's simple in a good way that the newer games have lost.

I download pokemon x game at roms world online and This is my most favorite game.

Comment

Cool I really dislike Kant because of all the genwunners nostalga.

Comment

Well, it should be noted that much of pokemon actually thrives on nostalgia. At any case, my biggest issue with the new pokemon games is that they are way too easy compared to the original ones (like, seriously, I haven't lost a battle through the all of Shield's main story, and only lost in the Crown Tundra due to me not being prepared to have a battle right outside of the train station- not to mention that the puzzles are much easier compared to the original ones). So I won't call myself a genwunner, but it is dissapointing that the games now are so easy (and I'm not really a fan of the more humanlike start pokemons that we are getting).

Anyway, I still really love pokemon- last year I've discovered the Adventures manga, which is really one of my favorite things about the franchise right now (even if it has its ups and downs), standing with the top three with the Gottcha/Bump of Chicken AMV and the Kekkai Sensen/Pokemon crossover video.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I don’t like the new humanoid designs but gen one did have their fair share of them to see Machamp,and why do t you add a hard mode Gamefreak? Their was one in white 2?

Comment

So I felt a bit nostalgic, and I just had to say how awesome each of those three videos is. Seriously, when I watch them I just don't want them to end.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by harley15 View Post
              Leaf Green. Kanto is my favorite region, has most of my favorite pokemon, i like having gary as a rival, and it's simple in a good way that the newer games have lost.
              I've been playing since the actual Generation 1, had Pokémon Blue, and Kanto used to be my favorite region too, but Alola changed it. As a region I simply loved it, I loved almost everything in playing Ultra Moon. Of course, it does lack difficulty, but in everything else I enjoyed it to no end.

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
              Cool I really dislike Kant because of all the genwunners nostalga.
              That's understandable. A lot of people react badly at each new generation, and although this isn't at all exclusive to people who began at Gen 1, my contemporaries are surely the more guilty. Every time a new batch of monsters come up I have to remember my friends that an ice cream really isn't a worse concept than a steel ball with screws and magnets, and Voltorb/Electrode never won any design prizes.

But the region is very interesting aside being just the first one, it encompasses many of the first themes of the game, and have one of the few villainous groups that actually make some sense, although Team Plasma is half decent and the newer Skull and Yell are really good. Villains trying to Take Over/Destroy The World™ really aren't my thing, and Magma & Aqua are indescribable idiots.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              my biggest issue with the new pokemon games is that they are way too easy compared to the original ones
              As a legit Gen 1 I disagree. The first generation was also one of the easiest by far. The AI was weak, the enemies had poor selections of Pokémon and Moves, brute-forcing your path to victory in the game itself was way too easy. I finished Yellow without ever using anything other than the initial Pikachu and the only time I had to grind was for Brock (Pikachu was level 14 when I fought him). That Pikachu simply never lost.

No, the apex of difficulty for the storyline itself was Generation 4, when they may have sensed that they went too far, after playing a new Gen 8 game for the first time isn't really playing for the first time when you have the experience of 7 previous generations including side games and remakes, but it IS someone's first playthrough. In generation 4 the AI is decent and the opposing teams are better thought, sometimes really well thought. It was a crescendo of difficulty since Gen 2. After that there was a deescalation, but it never got all back to as easy as Gen 1.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              and I'm not really a fan of the more humanlike start pokemons that we are getting
              I like them. Decidueye demoted Bulbasaur from my #1 spot. The only generations I think were weak on starters were 5 and 6. In 5 they were beautifully drawn, but uninspiring. In 6 only Fennekin is interesting, while Greninja had a huge campaign for its popularity and got a following. Nothing too far from Totodile, that was the less interesting starter of Gen 2 until Ash's Totodile.

Well, I think I'll post here my actual adaptation of Pokémon to CoD as soon as the text is ready.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

Comment

Also fuck you charizard that overgrown lizard.

Comment

Since my previous post here I've got to actually play Shield since January and am playing Arceus now.

Easy isn't a good definition of what Shield is. Comparing it to the evolution of Generations isn't, either. No, It's effectively badly done, an outlier among the Main Series. The game was evidently rushed through the last stages of development, because a lot of the basics of it are really good, but the final execution comes off as taking the easy/fast route.

My personal impression is that they got ambitious and tried to bite more than they could this time, or somehow plans changed seriously and they got far less time for this game than they predicted. One way or another, they started to go fast forward middle production and the game suffered a lot for it.

Legends Arceus, on the other hand, is amazing save a few flaws, but far minor and understandable, the biggest one being bad textures and animations, possibly to ease the rendering distance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I've been working on a Pokémon adaptation for several RPGs for some time now, a big personal project with a core, system-free set of principles and its application on some systems, starting by polishing my CofD one that I already STd some times. But I'm facing a writer's block already for months, despite most of it already being in place in my head.

I decided then to present the document here already. It isn't yet what I wanted to bring, and even that would still be just a first draft. I would immensely appreciate any comment, critique and suggestion. Sometimes I do get lost in details and end up not following through my posited intentions in the first try, so I may need some reality checks too.

The link follows, comments allowed:
                  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                  #AutismPride
                  She/her pronouns

Comment

Working...
                  X