Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your gaming group interested in the theoretical/historical aspects of gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your gaming group interested in the theoretical/historical aspects of gaming?

Stuff like the themes of Princess: the Hopeful or how old the Second City is.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

It's a bit of a broad question to answer directly... but from what I think you're asking? Yes. Most people I game with like the ability to engage with the lore of a setting, even in ways that there's never going to be a solid answer to, or even really impact most play significantly.

Comment

That’s awesome.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

My favorites so far are Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and Red Dead Redemption. Besides that, the Total War series (Shogun II is my favorite), Age of Empires on Apknite is worth playing.

Comment

My friend played Red Dead Redemption. He loved it. But I mostly meant tabletop RPGs like World of Darkness and Trinity Continuum.

Comment

Penelope, that's an ad bot

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Master Aquatosic thanks. Now I feel like an idiot lol. I'm usually good at spotting those. Just didn't expect to see one here.

Comment

That’s awesome.

the impossible quiz free

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  Stuff like the themes of Princess: the Hopeful or how old the Second City is.
                  Usually to some degree yes, but on two occasions they've gone... Overboard maybe?

I had my entire chronicle plans utterly derailed because my players got hooked on my non-canon version of France in VtM. To be fair, there was a long-thought-deceased bloodline (rumored to be a 14th clan purged from historical records) directly ripped off from Holy Blood Holy Grail, an appearance by Boudica (a Nosferatu), secret vaults in cemetaries filled with traps, and so much more. Most of which hadn't been initially planned (more reacting to sudden and unexpected events), nor did it have anything at all to do with the original story I was weaving about a possible infernalist among the Primogen. It was fun, though looking back on some of the ideas I had at the time, I question my judgement in implementing them.

In the other case, with mostly the same players, I used a whole-cloth created city in California, complete with a history filled with tidbits in case the players started looking for them. This one didn't go quite as off-the-rails because I kind of anticipated the players going this direction. And the reveals were never as dramatic, but still pretty memorable.

Mostly, when my players get into the setting history, it's musings and discussing. But occasionally it does devolve into a trope-filled Indiana Jones-inspired B-movie plot.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

Vysha I read Holy Blood Holy Grail. Some of the stuff in there about the Freemasons was really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X