Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a realistic reaction to superheroes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    Even within those fans of American media, there are plenty of people that reject the idea of superheroes as a good thing even if they're well meaning individuals.
    I mean, supers could be good, but powered individuals working to improve society from within the system (and working to solve systemic problems, rather than the ones you can just punch) would nearly always be better.

Accelerator also, the DCAU being real would present at least as many theological problems as Baha’i God announcing himself would. There are gods in the DC Universe, from Hades and Hephaestus to Darkseid and Dr. Manhattan.

And, if God created a whole separate universe with supermen running around and made it possible within the laws of physics for them to visit us, and then didn’t warn us about it, he’d have a hell of a lot to answer for.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-05-2020, 03:58 AM.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      I mean, supers could be good, but powered individuals working To improve society from within the system (and working to solve systemic problems, rather than the ones you can just punch) would nearly always be better.

Accelerator also, the DCAU being real would present at least as many theological problems as Baha’i God announcing himself would. There are gods in the DC Universe, from Hades and Hephaestus to Darkseid and Dr. Manhattan.

And, if God created a whole separate universe with supermen running around and made it possible within the laws of physics for them to visit us, he’d have a hell of a lot to answer for.
      Maybe this was a dumb question to ask.

Comment

Just because you don’t like the answer, doesn’t make it a dumb question.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          You know what? This was a waste of time.
          Because you're nitpicking differences in situations that were never presented as identical to avoid looking at the similarities.

Though I'd point out that many atheists would completely describe my scenario as, "...people from fictional stories popping up in real life."

Comment

He’s been temp-banned.

He/him

Comment

Yeah, I saw that after I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                also, the DCAU being real would present at least as many theological problems as Baha’i God announcing himself would. There are gods in the DC Universe, from Hades and Hephaestus to Darkseid and Dr. Manhattan.

And, if God created a whole separate universe with supermen running around and made it possible within the laws of physics for them to visit us, and then didn’t warn us about it, he’d have a hell of a lot to answer for.
                Yes. There's literal Angels and Lucifer and the whole Judeo-Christian population roaming around up there. I was more focused on the government side but I have to imagine the reaction to 'Your religion is demonstrably true, through that portal' would not be a reserved one.

Sort of like the uh 'stairway to heaven' idea, I think they made a movie about it. If someone finds a stairway that seems to lead to nowhere, and people don't actually return from it, but they're able to visit their loved ones (once) in dreams afterward and tell them that they're in heaven or paradise or some other eternally pleasing afterlife. Would you have a rush of people heading towards it? The governments of the world, needing masses, would probably try to stop it from being used. What would the stances on organized religion be, when faced with losing their organization at an easy and direct answer? Would governments of the world try to come up with a 'When you're retired, or physically ailing, you can go through' law?

Comment

The answer is quite simple. It will never happen so you will never know what reaction should be realistic

Comment

Working...
                  X