Major Tulsi Gabbard is my hero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Tulsi Gabbard is my hero

She is sueing Hillary Clinton for $50,000,000. She is also sueing Google. He ended Kamala Harris's presidential campaign, exposed former Mayor Pete as incompetant on foreign policy, stood up for free speech, and is standing up to the other Military Industrial Complex as an active soldier herself.

If Bernie doesn't make her his VP he is missing a huge opportunity and the only elected person in the Presidential race that is loyal to him and actually respects him.

Don't you have a thread on this already?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Also.... anyone find it odd to praise someone for standing up for free speech while she's also suing someone for expressing a negative opinion of her (and thinking that's good too)?

Comment

'It's okay when I or someone I like does it!' seems to be a common refrain.

Comment

Omega, you literally already have a thread about this up, one where you refused to reply when people accurately pressed you about how Republicans are actively harmful to queer people and the poor. Do you wanna do this again, or will we see silence and a third thread in a month?

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Honest I forgot I had it, I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              Omega, you literally already have a thread about this up, one where you refused to reply when people accurately pressed you about how Republicans are actively harmful to queer people and the poor. Do you wanna do this again, or will we see silence and a third thread in a month?
              I forgot about that thread. I go to it and see what your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                Also.... anyone find it odd to praise someone for standing up for free speech while she's also suing someone for expressing a negative opinion of her (and thinking that's good too)?
                If Hillary had merely said something negative about Tulsi that would have been different, alots if folks have criticized Tulsi on policy and personally. No it's about clearing her name publicly after Hillary lied about her, clearing ones name and reputation is not an attack on free speech at all.

Comment

Show me one place Clinton lied (to the point of legal defamation no less) about Gabbard. Because what you're hinging this on, as I've explained, is a misunderstanding of a negative comment about Jill Stein, and that without naming Gabbard Clinton stated that bad actors were looking for a 2020 Jill Stein to use to wedge Democratic voting coalitions.

Since Clinton never lied about Tulsi, and in fact can't be said to have lied at all in that series of comments by any rational reading of them, suing Clinton for other people's interpretations (frequently misinterpretations) of what Clinton said is a direct attack on Clinton's freedom of speech.

But I can see how you don't actually bother enough with the facts on all this stuff.

Comment

Just to get the facts on the table...

Clinton claimed one of the Democrats was being "groomed" to be a third party candidate and then started talking about Russia.. When media approached Clinton and asked if she was specifically referring to Tulsi Gabbard, Hillary's spokesman Nick Merrill said, "If the nesting doll fits... This is not some outlandish claim. This is reality. If the Russian propaganda machine, both their state media and their bot and troll operations, is backing a candidate aligned with their interests, that is just a reality, it is not speculation," basically confirming that Clinton was talking about Gabbard.

So far as I know Clinton never publicly rebutted what Nick Merrill said, which presumably she would have done if he was just blowing a bunch of smoke out of his butt and she never actually intended for the target of her "Russian grooming" comment to be Tulsi Gabbard.

*edit* At least that's what Gabbard's claim in her lawsuit is based off of.
                    Last edited by AnubisXy; 02-03-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                      No it's about clearing her name publicly after Hillary lied about her, clearing ones name and reputation is not an attack on free speech at all.
                      Can Gabbard demonstrate that it's a lie? It's pretty clear that Russia is interested in sabotaging our political system, right?
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-03-2020, 02:34 AM.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Can Gabbard demonstrate that it's a lie? It's pretty clear that Russia is interested in sabotaging our political system, right?
                        Isn't that kinda Victim blamey? can you prove that what someone said about you is a lie? I think Clinton should have to prove it.extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence after all.

Comment

It ceases to be victim blamey when Gabbard is suing Clinton for defamation, and thus has to actually present a case, in court, that Clinton was knowingly lying. Keep in mind that the statement being false is a fundamental aspect of defamation cases: you can't defame someone by speaking what you believe is true, or is a matter that can't be adjudicated as true or false (ex: personal opinions).

Gabbard is actively claiming Clinton lied, and has committed to a process where she has to prove it to a legal standard. This is also a choice by Gabbard, as a civil lawsuit, not a criminal proceeding.

Clinton doesn't actually have to do more than prove she had a reasonable belief that she was speaking the truth. The extraordinary nature of her claims do not require extraordinary evidence in this case.

OJ Simpson can't (reasonably) sue people for defamation when they say they believe he killed Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman despite being acquitted at trial. Because he would have to prove they are lying that they believe the prosecution despite the jury finding in Simpson's favor, which just isn't going to work in a legal context.

Also, it's worth remembering that Clinton is, at this point, doing Gabbard a huge favor by blowing this off and giving Gabbard something to thump about in public (since campaigning on actual issues that matter to Democrats as a whole seem to be a losing option for her). If Gabbard is super-serious about this lawsuit, and forces Clinton into court, Clinton can easily countersue her into the ground for the claims Gabbard has made about her.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                            can you prove that what someone said about you is a lie?
                            That's going to depend on what they say, now, isn't it? If you were to accuse me of being a giant alien cockroach squeezed into a human skin like in Men In Black, but I had other posts of yours in which you said you believe that aliens don't exist, then it's reasonable for me to present that and show that your claim of my roachiness shouldn't be taken seriously.

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                            I think Clinton should have to prove it. extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence after all.
                            Here's the thing: if you tell me you believe I'm an alien cockroach compressed into a human-sized mass, imitating human behavior while wearing a suit of human skin, absent an earlier post from you that demonstrates that you don't believe in aliens, I'm going to believe that you believe that.

That doesn't mean that I am a bug in an Edgar suit, mind you - just that I'm having to carry out a conversation with a person who is prone to believe outlandish things; absent that post in which you express a lack of belief in aliens, I can only undermine your argument by pointing out that my apartment is bug-free, show how none of my friends and family seem to think I've been replaced, and make the observation that Men In Black was a work of fiction, not a documentary.

‚ÄčAnd if Tulsi Gabbard isn't prepared to carry out a conversation with a person who is prone to believe crazy things, then she's not fit to debate the President as the Democratic candidate.
                            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-03-2020, 11:08 PM.

He/him

Comment

While I appreciate liars should be held accountable for it, it would be weird to hold a single politician who doesn't even hold any office accountable for the lies of others when elected officials and their appointments across the administration are lying routinely and getting shrugs in response.

The only one who would really benefit from it are people selling merch that promotes the lock her up motto. Like Roger Stone.

Comment

Working...
                              X