Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-the-righteous

Okay this is going to be one of the coolest, most epic games ever.

Tried to have a discussion about some of the characters in the source material (a transgender woman and her wife, who feature prominently in the first volume and are likely party members) on the official Discord and got dogpiled hard by transphobic shitheads complaining about “forced diversity” before being told to “avoid talking about politics, stick to the game.”

Womp womp.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      Tried to have a discussion about some of the characters in the source material (a transgender woman and her wife, who feature prominently in the first volume and are likely party members) on the official Discord and got dogpiled hard by transphobic shitheads complaining about “forced diversity” before being told to “avoid talking about politics, stick to the game.”

Womp womp.
      Booooo. Hopely they are very much in the game and the shitheads can suck it.

I'm excited. Wrath was the AP that sold me for good on Pathfinder and got me blogging about RPGs. I very likely would not be freelancing today if it weren't for Wrath of the Righteous.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Nice trick in the final fight, too.

Comment

On the topic of the actual game: the lack of Mythic Paths for Devil and any sort of druidic/primal/fey option are definitely felt, IMHO. I get that we’re tied to a crusade, but Azata really should’ve been something more natural.

Comment

Cool. I was kind of hoping we'd get a Skull and Shackles game next, but Wrath of the Righteous is decent. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing some of the stuff that pops up in Book 5.

At the same time, while I thought Kingmaker was okay, it was extremely freaking buggy at release. To the point where I had to drop my 20 hour game because I got stuck due to a bug, started up a new game, ran into a different game breaking bug 10 hours in and then just put the game aside for 6 months until Owlcat had rolled out enough patches that I was willing to try again. Hopefully they take their time with this one and ensure that the game is more functional and playable at release.

Comment

Sleuths say the next stretch goal is two more romances.

Not bad, but I'd be more excited if we knew who the party was, y'know?

Comment

Sleuths say the next stretch goal is two more romances.

Not bad, but I'd be more excited if we knew who the party was, y'know?
                Yeah, Anevia and Irabeth both better be party members.

Also, this Kickstarter has made me appreciate how come and level headed the Onyx Path crowd tends to me. Wrath's comment section seems super toxic. I don't even want to look at the discord.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

On discord one of the admins said that Irabeth will be an advisor, not a full party member.

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                    On discord one of the admins said that Irabeth will be an advisor, not a full party member.
                    That doesn't surprise me, given that we know Seelah (the Iconic Paladin) is in, and doubling up on classes seems a little silly. But her wife might be our Rogue still!

On that note, the Discord being so free with random little spoilers while the Kickstarter itself has only shown us one companion feels... very strange. I don't know why they haven't revealed the party yet!

Comment

That doesn't surprise me, given that we know Seelah (the Iconic Paladin) is in, and doubling up on classes seems a little silly. But her wife might be our Rogue still!

On that note, the Discord being so free with random little spoilers while the Kickstarter itself has only shown us one companion feels... very strange. I don't know why they haven't revealed the party yet!
                      Because the kickstarter is far from over? Because it's only been out for two weeks? The Kingmaker kickstarter had a companion post roughly once every ten updates, and that was a much slower kickstarter that didn't hit as many stretch goals. And it had companion reveals going long after the kickstarter was finished.

Considering that the last companion post was Update 9 and the current update is Update 19, I'd expect the next companion reveal soon.

Comment

As predicted: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2762359

Comment

Based on Paizo's famous tabletop RPG and the adventure path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is estimated to arrive June 2021 for PC Windows via Steam and GOG. Details on the game's three new Mythic Paths, new classes, and a new race have also been revealed.

Comment

Working...
                          X