Why Discord?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Discord?

Can someone describe to me why it's so much push to move gaming discussions to Discord? Maybe I'm a bit old now, but I found this service confusing, not so clearly structured as normal forums - like this one. What is moving people to move to Discord?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

It's crazy easy to have larger discussions because of voice chat and if you want to break a section off to run a game you can just install a dice bot.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      Can someone describe to me why it's so much push to move gaming discussions to Discord? Maybe I'm a bit old now, but I found this service confusing, not so clearly structured as normal forums - like this one. What is moving people to move to Discord?

It's basically IRC but fancy. Everything that drew people to IRC, but with voice chat and streaming integration.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Like Ian said, it’s basically IRC plus voice chat and streaming. As someone who’s always preferred forums over IRC, I share your feelings of being a little left behind by the movement towards Discord, but that’s the appeal.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I feel you. I enjoy Discord and I enjoy forums, but I enjoy them for different reasons and I would rather use them in parallel.

Comment

It’s basically IRC plus voice chat and streaming

happy wheels

Comment

Working...
            X