Multi Use / Genre RPG Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Use / Genre RPG Systems

I am looking into multi use rpg systems. Such as Savage Worlds or Cypher System.
    I have experience with the above two. What others would you fine individuals recommend?

Not actually ran it yet, but working on a D20 Modern campaign (WotC), it's pretty much the 3.X D&D system, but different in many ways too. The starting classes are more generic, like party roles, and then you chose role trees. The roles are like fast, charismatic, smart, tough. Then you pick occupations, and it's just humans in the main book, but you can have other races for a given setting

The system looks pretty nice really, so comparable in versatility to other generic rule sets, just need a world book or your home brew setting, which could be just our Earth, like you doing X-FIles, which is a bit how the book actually goes almost, or don't use the X-FIles Branch of the FBI and do your own group the PCs are part of, or just private citizens

Comment

I've enjoyed FATE a good deal.

Genesys has its fans, though I found the dice mechanic a little fiddly.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        I've enjoyed FATE a good deal.

Genesys has its fans, though I found the dice mechanic a little fiddly.
        I heard genesys can be a bit funny outside of Star Wars. Also, not enough talents.

Comment

Working...
        X