X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wolf Archive now Live!

http://forums.whitewolfarchive.com

It is now live but it is not done archiving the live site, as you check back everyday, more and more will be added. I will post once it is completely done.

RPdom.com (Come host your game with us !)| White Wolf Forum Archive | Exalted Resources (800+ including TAW Lunars) | Online Exalted Dice | And much more!

All services provided for free by RPdom, for all your RPing needs!

Thanks for working your dark magic in our favor.

"For these reasons, the trade of a soldier is held the most honourable of all others; because a soldier is a Yahoo hired to kill, in cold blood, as many of his own species, who have never offended him, as possibly he can." ― from "Gulliver's Travels"

Comment

Originally posted by brjedi26 View Post
      Thanks for working your dark magic in our favor.
      No problem !

RPdom.com (Come host your game with us !)| White Wolf Forum Archive | Exalted Resources (800+ including TAW Lunars) | Online Exalted Dice | And much more!

Comment

Very cool.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
        - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
          Very cool.
          Glad you think so !

Comment

Ah, this looks supremely useful. Thanks a lot.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by Weimann View Post
              Ah, this looks supremely useful. Thanks a lot.
              No problem !

Comment

Wow, there it all is.

Quick question: that username and password bar up top is just for show, right? It doesn't actually do anything?

EDIT: Well, not quite all is, but I expect that that will be cleaned up soon enough.
                Last edited by Isator Levi; 11-22-2013, 06:21 AM.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Wow, there it all is.

Quick question: that username and password bar up top is just for show, right? It doesn't actually do anything?

EDIT: Well, not quite all is, but I expect that that will be cleaned up soon enough.
                  Any forum fucntionality like logging in or anything of that sort will not work. We don't have a copy of the forum database.

What we did was visually reconstruct the site by copying the HTML/css of every page. So think fancy screenshot. Sorry

Also as a quick note to everyone, while the archive finishes(it is not complete yet even though it looks it) some threads and links might not work.

As I said before I will post about it once it is fully complete.

Comment

For good measure I will note here that if anyone is worried that the archive might not finish in time, you can ensure that you get a personal copy of key threads with my tool on http://psikker.me/wwarchiver -- it is not meant to be a replacement nor competitor to the full archive, but think of it as a way to make sure that your thread in particular doesn't get lost. We're on the home stretch now, afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by sikker View Post
                      For good measure I will note here that if anyone is worried that the archive might not finish in time, you can ensure that you get a personal copy of key threads with my tool on http://psikker.me/wwarchiver -- it is not meant to be a replacement nor competitor to the full archive, but think of it as a way to make sure that your thread in particular doesn't get lost. We're on the home stretch now, afterall.
                      It already seemed to have completed once but we ran the update function to make sure it picked up things that were newly created after it was started, so while it won't take as long as the first time(caches and all), it will still be a few more days due to how slow the WW boards are.

Worst case scenerio, we lose a few days worth of posts if the update can't finish but at this point it seems unlikely.

However I do recommend if anyone wishes to use your archiver tool that they should, our archive no matter how complete it is will not have a search bar or login functionality or anything that made viewing the forums atleast some what convenient, so it might be easier to search through it later.

If there is something you want that is really important please do not wait and use Sikker's tool to save it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Wizard View Post

It already seemed to have completed once but we ran the update function to make sure it picked up things that were newly created after it was started, so while it won't take as long as the first time(caches and all), it will still be a few more days due to how slow the WW boards are.
                        I'm afraid this seemingly isn't the case. I did a quick check of the Vampire: the Requiem forums, and page 4 and onwards of that forum is unavailable. Except the last page, that has been downloaded as well -- but none of the threads on the last page have been archived either. Or perhaps they have, but the links to them are broken. Most of the Requiem forum in the archive leads to 404 errors atm.

Comment

Originally posted by sikker View Post
                          I'm afraid this seemingly isn't the case. I did a quick check of the Vampire: the Requiem forums, and page 4 and onwards of that forum is unavailable. Except the last page, that has been downloaded as well -- but none of the threads on the last page have been archived either. Or perhaps they have, but the links to them are broken. Most of the Requiem forum in the archive leads to 404 errors atm.
                          Try now, it was reconstructing the links.

Comment

The archive is now complete and officially done.

Enjoy all!

Comment

Loooot of stuff still brings up error messages...

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X