Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying Safe from the Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ah, the ghostly invasion!

    I was wondering when it would come.

    Comment


    • To be fair the guy shed his mortal coil a week into early voting.


      You've been playing around the magic that is black
      But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

      Comment


      • England's recent antibody study shows that the immunity a person builds up against COVID only lasts about 4-6 months. If they're right, then herd immunity is unattainable at that rate.
        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 11-05-2020, 03:33 PM.


        He/him

        Comment


        • Also, heads-up, if you voted in the Blanchette Park Memorial Hall in St. Charles County, Missouri, you may have been exposed to COVID; one of the officials there tested positive and, rather than quarantine, just went to work anyway.


          He/him

          Comment


          • I know some folks are really excited about Biden winning the election, but goddamn it, people, we're in our third consecutive day of breaking the record for new COVID cases. If you're gonna celebrate, do it at home.


            He/him

            Comment


            • I love mashed potatoes with gravy on them as much as the next guy, but please think of your family, and don’t invite them over for your fancy Thursday dinner.


              He/him

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                I love mashed potatoes with gravy on them as much as the next guy, but please think of your family, and don’t invite them over for your fancy Thursday dinner.
                Does anyone know good places to buy mashed potato with gravy?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

                  Does anyone know good places to buy mashed potato with gravy?
                  Most chain stores will have it premade frozen that you heat up in the oven or microwave.


                  You've been playing around the magic that is black
                  But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dwight View Post

                    Most chain stores will have it premade frozen that you heat up in the oven or microwave.
                    That's pretty much what I'm not looking for. I'm looking for nice restaurant chains I can order from.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

                      That's pretty much what I'm not looking for. I'm looking for nice restaurant chains I can order from.
                      Then you probably should have put that in your post buddy.


                      You've been playing around the magic that is black
                      But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

                      Comment


                      • Whenever it comes to these opinions keep in mind someone is always going to disagree. But if I wasn't going to something uniquely local, I think Boston Market is a big enough chain that has good mashed potatos you could get.

                        Comment


                        • Agreeing with others that of the restaurant potatoes I've tried, Boston Market is the best (insofar as it tastes the closest to homemade, and it's my opinion that homemade tastes best).

                          ​That said, it's not like the "boil the water, pour the packet" kind is bad. Just make sure and add lots of garlic and butter.


                          He/him

                          Comment


                          • Ok, I"m checking things out. There seem to be a few in Melbourne...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              Whenever it comes to these opinions keep in mind someone is always going to disagree. But if I wasn't going to something uniquely local, I think Boston Market is a big enough chain that has good mashed potatos you could get.
                              Ok, good news. It looks tasty.

                              Bad news. The closest is a 1 day flight away. There aren't any in Melbourne. Or Australia to begin with.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X