No announcement yet.

Staying Safe from the Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump administration claimed there was a federal reserve of vaccinations and they told Biden there was a federal reserve of vaccinations. So Biden said when he became president he was going to release the reserve to get more people vaccinated. But the Trump administration couldn't allow that to happen because it would make it appear that Biden was effectively getting vaccinations out while the Trump administration was sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

So the Trump administration jumped out and said they were going to release the vaccine reserve to the public so that Trump would be able to take credit for getting the vaccine reserve out rather than Biden. Except it turns out the whole exercise was built on a mountain of lies to begin with because there was never actually a vaccine reserve in the first place. Really it's just one more example that shows how incredibly incompetent and corrupt the Trump administration is. Sad thing is though lots of states were excited because they were under the impression the administration was telling the truth and they were going to be getting more vaccines.

Comment

• Of course horse racing is more important to British conservatives than vaccinating people! Can't even say I'm surprised.

He/him

Comment

• Well, it does sound like a very British thing to do.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• The British government is threatening to strip vaccination licenses from any hospital that actually vaccinates people the way the manufacturer intended instead of doing their harebrained 12-week idea.

He/him

Comment

• I found The Perfect Movie for the COVID19 pandemic!

'Inferno' from 2016

Tom Hanks tries to unravel the mysteries of Dante's 'Inferno' to stop a global Black Death-like plague - and the WHO has rifle armed commandos hunting for Hanks character. 😁😆😅😂🤣

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3062096/

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              I found The Perfect Movie for the COVID19 pandemic!
              Why not Space Jam, a movie where a mysterious affliction attributed to a virus starts affecting basketball players, and the NBA commissioner, concerned for the health of the players, cancels the season?

He/him

Comment

• I hate that the system is such that the people in charge are gonna fire doctors for giving away vaccine doses instead of letting them go to waste.

He/him

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  I hate that the system is such that the people in charge are gonna fire doctors for giving away vaccine doses instead of letting them go to waste.
                  Thankfully that's not the case where I live. Instead, if there are extra vaccines, the clinics reach out and make contact with their clients in order to try and get as many people vaccinated as possible. On the other hand, we have here some people who are against the vaccines, and intentionally do things like making an appointment for a vaccine and never coming out of hope it would waste a few vaccines -_-

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Some good news, it looks like the newest vaccine is effective with a single dose.

He/him

Comment

Some good news, it looks like the newest vaccine is effective with a single dose.
                      Nice!! Though I'm mostly just gonna be glad when I get a vaccine...

MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• More than a year too late, Twitter is finally implementing a system to help slow the spread of COVID misinformation; users who say the disease is a hoax or the vaccines are dangerous (or whatever) will face incrementally increasing temporary suspensions, until the fifth occurrence nets them a permanent ban.

He/him

Comment

• TheCountAlucard Better late than nothing, Twitter...
                          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-03-2021, 05:04 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

More than a year too late, Twitter is finally implementing a system to help slow the spread of COVID misinformation; users who say the disease is a hoax or the vaccines are dangerous (or whatever) will face incrementally increasing temporary suspensions, until the fifth occurrence nets them a permanent ban.
                            It's about freaking time!!

MrGone's Character Sheets
                            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• I was very saddened last year when anarchist anthropologist David Graeber died; my eternal thanks to Stephen Lea Sheppard for his pointing me in the direction of Graeber’s book, Debt: the First 5,000 Years. I was disappointed at not just the loss of him, but at the prospect of never seeing anything new of his.

Then someone surprised me today, showing me a posthumously-published essay of Graeber’s about the very pandemic we’re going through.

He/him

Comment

• It's very frustrating that Asa Hutchinson and his ilk are lifting mask mandates, in spite of 331 thousand Arkansans catching the disease.

​I'm gonna keep wearing my masks to work, as I'm still in line for the vaccine.

He/him

Comment

Working...
                                X