Staying Safe from the Virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
    I'm more sick of humanity today than of the virus, really...
    I hear that!! Same..

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• Heh, I'm fully vacinnated. Third time will be in march. Despite of it I've caught that shit two times, had 6 month laryngological dysfunctions (congestion in sinuses) and I had better only after one week resting in sea climate. Second time was less serious but it left worse suprise - heart problem and I'm a bit scared of it. Have to wait untill 19 january to visit cardiologist and make heart echo and other things.
      My daughter suffered from it about three times but children have different problems with Covid. She'll be vacinnated as soon as she could take it (half year too young).

Comment

• Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
        Heh, I'm fully vacinnated. Third time will be in march. Despite of it I've caught that shit two times, had 6 month laryngological dysfunctions (congestion in sinuses) and I had better only after one week resting in sea climate. Second time was less serious but it left worse suprise - heart problem and I'm a bit scared of it. Have to wait untill 19 january to visit cardiologist and make heart echo and other things.
        My daughter suffered from it about three times but children have different problems with Covid. She'll be vacinnated as soon as she could take it (half year too young).
        And that's why we should have vaccinated Africa and the non-Israel Middle East, among others. Now we have people getting fourth doses and everyone still at risk because we can't control the spread of variants.

Now's a bit too late. And also a bit pointless to argue that, because in the same day I see the news of some government officials and not WHO whatnot here and there (I think it was EU) saying we should focus on vaccinating those areas (you don't say, genius), I also see the news that Netanyahu will give the fourth round to his people (while Palestine gets scraps, but have constant flux of people in and out of Israel...)

I just can't stand the level of stupidity that entails.

For clarity's sake: I know that Palestinians working in Israel also get the shot, but that doesn't solve the problem, it actually aggravates it in terms of variation selection. That means you have key potential spreaders that live in an unprotected area, being extensively exposed to a number of local variations while working as selectors for vaccine-resistant variants. Not vaccinating them is a risk for herd immunity in Israel, vaccinating them is a potent selective tool for the virus if their homes don't receive coverage too. For several reasons, even without the humanitarian ones, preventing them from working in Israel is unfeasible. I personally consider it almost a miracle that things like Delta and Omicron didn't came from Israel.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
        #AutismPride
        She/her pronouns

Comment

• Yes but it doesn't matter. Why? Here's the answer. I was lucky and went to cardiologist yesterday. Of course my left valve does not close thanks to virus, but doctor told me something that i suspected long time ago.
          1. Tests doesn't work. Maby 6% of them, I know that cause I had no smell and taste and still test was negative two times, after first disease I had antibodies so 100% Covid atacked me and still,test didn't work correct. So we have Covid infected peoples with negative tests - walking sources of disease.
          2. In my country doctors are NOT allowed !!!!! to send people for tests cause it would rise the % of sick population, and despite of it the number are high. Deaths too.
          3. There are still anti vaccine groups and! what she told me is that they sooner or later go to hospital and then and only then are starting to panic ,,I don't want to die help me". Idiots. Fucking idiots.
          4. There is a huge group of doctors not vaccined cause they are in anti vaccine groups!!!!!! WTF?! Too late ur goverment forced them to take vaccine - they have to do it in march this year.
          5. We could end this shit long time ago at the beginning - shut everything down and sit on ass for two - three weeks. But no cause economy wouldn'd survive. Fuck that, the pandemic was at their best when my employer forced us to work cause it's just a flu. Now its long game between us and the virus. I've heared that every moutation is weaker but is it too weak to left us alone?
          Take care of Yourself. As far as I am observing rpg community may have different opinions about world and what surround us but is responsible and smart much more then others.

Comment

• Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
            Heh, I'm fully vacinnated. Third time will be in march. Despite of it I've caught that shit two times, had 6 month laryngological dysfunctions (congestion in sinuses) and I had better only after one week resting in sea climate. Second time was less serious but it left worse suprise - heart problem and I'm a bit scared of it. Have to wait untill 19 january to visit cardiologist and make heart echo and other things.
            Oh no...sorry to hear about that. That's awful...

Hope y'all will be ok..

MrGone's Character Sheets
            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• I fell ok, thanx, just need to remember that I'm not immortal and day by day remember about medications.

New observation - people get used to the pandemia in Poland and don't take is seriously at all. They are a lot more scarred by raises that are very high.

Comment

• Don't talk me about Poland... I was forced to change departments in my small IT company, and new supervisor is antivaccine guy. Civilized, smiling - but still antivacs. ( Not too mention homophobe and nationalist.) As 'new' employer ( in department) I must work with him side by side, in office. I just look for new job now, after 7 years in company - to leave that hell hole - and look for new career as Tech Writer ( I think I have predisposition for, as Master of Science in Engineering and rather communicative guy that worked in some IT projects.)

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Heh know what You mean. I'm in the same workplace 11 year and it cost me too much energy going there every morning. IT is well payed but it kill your social life quickly. Wish You luck with finding proper job with satisfying payment. Hard thing to ballance.

Comment

Working...
                  X